Wanted - Mule deer hunt Texas - 2022

Alaska is the absolute best bang for the buck without a doubt. Drop camp fly-in for caribou, Sitka deer or black bear are the best. Guided Mule deer and elk hunts are a joke to pay someone that kind of money (even if you have the money) to get you into an area or ranch that "might" hold some 160/170 animals.

Go for the experience, even if you don't kill. Alaska is unbelievable
My best hunt ever was a fly-in drop camp with my brother and two great friends for caribou with our bows and one rifle for 11 days.

I promise YOU won't forget it!

No doubt the unguided Alaska stuff is quite a bit of work but it's unbelievable in terms of experience. I always try to hunt an area with good access to water / fishing along with hunting. Hunting has been great and the fishing has been absolutely phenomenal! The other side of it is the additional wildlife and scenery which is spectacular.

Completely agree if we are talking this type of cash. In my mind no comparison

Attachments

• 3275163F-DFB2-4D08-BE85-73ACBF9B70FB.jpeg
    3275163F-DFB2-4D08-BE85-73ACBF9B70FB.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 353
  • 226F9502-BDAD-4D5F-8971-29A7575A42B6.jpeg
    226F9502-BDAD-4D5F-8971-29A7575A42B6.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 354
Alaska is the absolute best bang for the buck without a doubt. Drop camp fly-in for caribou, Sitka deer or black bear are the best. Guided Mule deer and elk hunts are a joke to pay someone that kind of money (even if you have the money) to get you into an area or ranch that "might" hold some 160/170 animals.

Go for the experience, even if you don't kill. Alaska is unbelievable
My best hunt ever was a fly-in drop camp with my brother and two great friends for caribou with our bows and one rifle for 11 days.

I promise YOU won't forget it!
I'll be going to Alaska this August for the first time on a Caribou hunt can't wait

I'm taking my 6.5 PRC shooting the Berger 156's. I'm going with my Brother-in-law, it'll be his 5th year in a row
Wow, nice good luck to you, I'm just caught between a light weight rifle but not sure what caliber is sufficient enough for safety.

Looking for a good mule deer hunt in Texas. Happy to pay a trespass fee on a decent ranch or reasonable guided. Mainly targeting 160" and up, any suggestions or recommendations?
Regards,
Bill

$7500 and some 160-180 mulies on the ranch. Wes is a fine man and an excellent guide, I've been all over the place with him. He will put you on a good one.

I lived and hunted in AK, AND one of the best parts about an Alaska hunt is that you are waaaaay off the beaten path. So if you get in a bind, which can happen, it's up to your wits and savvy that will make the difference between a great trip and a not so great trip. Help is a very long way away.
Dont want to sound melodramatic - it's just a fact. Definitely recommend hunters be fully prepared when you go out in the bush. If your on a guided hunt, you need to make sure your outfitter and guide are top notch. But have a great time!

$7500 and some 160-180 mulies on the ranch. Wes is a fine man and an excellent guide, I've been all over the place with him. He will put you on a good one.
For those of us past our Alaska years, where and who in Texas for good MD hunt?

Unfortunately I think you are right. That's scary though, that means I have a $100k worth of mule deer on the wall! Maybe I'm worth more then I thought 🤣🤣🤣

If I'm going to spend that kind of money I'm headed back to Alaska for tags, unguided drop camp, float plane, and raft rental costs……
Bad thing for you is they arnt worth near as much dead. Hahaha