Wanted - Mule deer hunt Texas - 2022

Hbb6601

Looking for a good mule deer hunt in Texas. Happy to pay a trespass fee on a decent ranch or reasonable guided. Mainly targeting 160" and up, any suggestions or recommendations?
Regards,
Bill

TEXAS mule deer cost lots of $ to get one that big. Larry Pancake in panhandle can do it. But it will cost you.

Not looking for high fence or to break the bank, maybe looking for unicorns 😂

I have always hunted in Montana (used to live there) but last year was disappointing for me. With tag prices escalating and access to good areas dropping off I'm looking for alternatives closer to where I call home now (Texas). I'm probably spoiled from the past with DIY 160" plus but happy to hike and hunt the good areas and be where I need to be at daylight and dark……

Any other suggestions?

Wow, I didn't realize it was that high. I hunted audad with them six years ago, and a mule deer add on was reasonable.

Call Randy Shipp at the Ship Ranch north of Van Horn (512) 752-3622, I have hunted with them twice I took a 170 & 164, low fence, they also have Aoudad and Transcaspian sheep, the lodge accommodations are not very impressive but the foods good and it is some rough country, I think its 7K for a hunt.

Unfortunately I think you are right. That's scary though, that means I have a $100k worth of mule deer on the wall! Maybe I'm worth more then I thought 🤣🤣🤣

If I'm going to spend that kind of money I'm headed back to Alaska for tags, unguided drop camp, float plane, and raft rental costs……
you must be in damm good shape to hunt like that..... I,d like to say I could but my body A'int wat it used to be....
But I sure enjoyed it for lotsa hunts....
I,m not an Africa fan.... never hunted there.... friends say you can shoot alot more for less....than in U.S.