Want to Build Ultimate Long range 300 WM Hunting Rifle Help

• AG Composites stock Ok any links to some of theses options?
  • Kelbly's Atlas Tactical receiver I Like
  • Proof or Hells Canyon Armory Carbon Barrel 9 twist. Very Nice
  • Hawkins CIP length M5 BM YES
  • Leupold Mark 5 5-25. Mirage is difficult at 25x, I can't imagine at 35x and 7 on the low end is unfavorable for me. I have the 5x25x56 Love it!
  • ARC Rings I have the MDT Precision rings the are nice but spendy at almost $300.00 on my Mark 5HD 5x25
  • Custom reamer to seat out to 3.650 or longer depending on Bullet choice. Personally I would throat mine for 215 Berger Hybrids and Ackley Improve the case. I need to look into this More
AG Composites Website - I have their Visigoth stock on my 264 Win Mag Improved.

9E0CEC95-6477-4AB4-9115-92286D1D4373.jpeg

Assuming you are a handloader you won't regret building a custom reamer. You can tailor the cartridge to be exactly what you want. I prefer AI style shoulders on my cases and the extra powder capacity doesn't hurt either. Here is my 264 Win Mag improved case vs a regular case. Picked up 7 grains of water capacity. Not sure what that translates into powder but it can't hurt.

8B7DF281-64B8-4023-AFD3-AACD3A7574E1.jpeg

AG Composites Website - I have their Visigoth stock on my 264 Win Mag Improved.

View attachment 337567
Assuming you are a handloader you won't regret building a custom reamer. You can tailor the cartridge to be exactly what you want. I prefer AI style shoulders on my cases and the extra powder capacity doesn't hurt either. Here is my 264 Win Mag improved case vs a regular case. Picked up 7 grains of water capacity. Not sure what that translates into powder but it can't hurt.

View attachment 337568
That build and the AI cartridge turned out pretty bad arse.

Yes I reload so the reamer is used on the Chamber??? New Dies are needed ???
Probably a dumb question but I have not had a AI cartridge

Dang Mike, that 264 Improved is the ticket. I agree regardless of capacity increases the Improved case design is superior.

OP-
As stated you'll pay a weight penalty with the chasis. I think the AG pictured above or similar is the way to go.

I'd go with a 9 twist as I've heard an 8 on the 30s can be difficult to deal with. I'm running a 10 and 230s at 2975.

Lastly, the winny is a great round but take a look at the 30 nosler. You'll get a few more reloads from the brass, a little more velocity and it's a tad shorter so less mag length issues with long vlds.

If that's what you are wanting, I'd really suggest just watching the classifieds. You can get what you want if you aren't tied to specific things for 2-2.5k less scope.

Really no one said 300 PRC?
Anyway. I like the 300 win mag and the idea I think the xlr element will be the ticket. I have 2 Pierce engineering titanium actions I really like. And have been able to handle a few of the standard ones I like them.

Dang Mike, that 264 Improved is the ticket. I agree regardless of capacity increases the Improved case design is superior.

OP-
As stated you'll pay a weight penalty with the chasis. I think the AG pictured above or similar is the way to go.

I'd go with a 9 twist as I've heard an 8 on the 30s can be difficult to deal with. I'm running a 10 and 230s at 2975.

Lastly, the winny is a great round but take a look at the 30 nosler. You'll get a few more reloads from the brass, a little more velocity and it's a tad shorter so less mag length issues with long vlds.
My problem with the Nosler line of cartridges is limited availability of factory ammo if that's what you plan to shoot plus the brass is expensive, especially compared to the WM. I like the design of them but in reality they need to be treated the same as the WM because SAAMI length is the same for both. To get the best performance out of it, it needs to be throated long just like the WM.

Broz over on LRO did a comparison between the WM, 30N and 300 PRC and as I recall both the WM and the 30N were throated long and there was very little difference in performance between the 3 cartridges.

Yes I reload so the reamer is used on the Chamber??? New Dies are needed ???
Probably a dumb question but I have not had a AI cartridge
Yes the reamer is what is used to chamber the barrel. If you went with the improved case you would need a custom sizer die at minimum. CH4D makes universal neck sizer dies and if you are a low volume shooter that would work fine as the AI cartridges tend to need to be shoulder bumped less often.I am currently using one for my 264 WMI pictured above until my custom dies arrive.

Frankford Arsenal makes a universal seater die that you can use on just about any cartridge available. That's what I currently use on several of my non SAAMI cartridges.

i bought a christensen arms rigline in a 300 win mag 3 years ago , i use h-1000 powder , federal 215gm primers, 215gr berger target bullet, 2850 fps and shoot 1 1/4'' 3 shot group AT 400 YDS. this is a bought off the shelf gun. WHY BUILD ? i almost forgot i have a legendary arms in a 300 as well and it shoots 210gr bergers almost as good.

Several years ago I built virtually the same rifle you are considering minus the chassis. Just as a personal preference I prefer a traditional stock and went with a McMillan (think its the Game Warden but Id have to check).
I already had a Remington donor action so it got cleaned up and attached to a 26" Bartlien (1/10"), the mag box on the long action Remington is pretty generous and I have no problem seating to max. My optic is the NF NX8 4x32, and its been great.
I shoot the Berger 215 hybrids, 200gr ELD-X and the 200gr Accubond, all with great results. The 215 Hybrid is the most accurate and reliable at distance in my setup.
The entire package weighs almost exactly 12lbs and I've hunted in the mountains with it on several occasions without any issue.

Mo,
Take a look at Masterpiece Arms chassis hunting rifles. They come in under your weight threshold. I have a bench MPA in 300 PRC. It comes with a 0.37" guarantee. Mine is 0.25" or better consistently. I've also banged steel at 1,200 yards. MPA hand laps it's barrels, and that's a big plus for me. A+ company!!