Want to Build Ultimate Long range 300 WM Hunting Rifle Help

Assuming 3100fps with a 180 grain bullet with 8 twist he will be under the 300,000 rpm threshold (279,000 calculated). My 6.5-284 shoots 3072fps with 140 Bergers with an 8 twist barrel (276,480 rpm) and I haven't had any issues with bullets coming apart. I believe the jacket is likely thick enough on most medium/big game hunting bullets that there won't be a problem with them coming apart.
Most rums with a 180 grain- 210 grain will push velocity over 3200-3350 fps. Now not everyone will push them but some will. And if you do it is better to be safe than sorry and that is why I say 1-9 twist. Not trying to argue, but that is my personal opinion. Cup and cores do not handle fast twist rate at high velocity. Monos can due to solid construction.

You said that you want to build the ultimate 300 win mag hunter. I love the 300 wm. I still own one, but if you want the ultimate 30 cal hunter- you need to go to the 300 RUM. That is a beast/ monster/ ultimate fighter/ and the best 30 cal performance in a hunting weight rifle.

Feel free to ignore, but if you chamber the 300 rum and shoot the 190 gr cutting edge MTH at 3400 fps, and realize that you just punked Thor as the god of thunder, you'll know what I am talking about.

Most rums with a 180 grain- 210 grain will push velocity over 3200-3350 fps. Now not everyone will push them but some will. And if you do it is better to be safe than sorry and that is why I say 1-9 twist. Not trying to argue, but that is my personal opinion. Cup and cores do not handle fast twist rate at high velocity. Monos can due to solid construction.
I can see that. 3300 FPS puts you right at 300,000.
I was calculating off the 300 WM.

Maybe 10% of all Elk Killed in 1 year are past 200yds Now what % are killed past 700yds now 1000yds?????? With all possibilities of elevation, wind, humidity, angle, etc...Will they take a step or NOT??? LOL Hell Yea it happens and we Hear about all of those successes!
And Bless them who dedicated themselves to give honor to them they harvested.
But what we do not hear about is 1,000% of the OH **** Shot's. Heck we hear about Some of those at less than 200.
What I would like to hear { Not Really} is how many of us on here acknowledge to all the OH **** Shots with nothing Recovered. Truth!!!!
Love Long Range But when everyone touts the biggest, best, fastest most whap to 1K plus and promotes it as I would say Bad Hits it still Works!
A New Bee's who did not grow up with open sights and learning how to be a hunter will not think twice. .
But I am 50 Plus.
So I am irrelevant!!!
I say Great but are we Talking to the masses and if anyone has worked with them??????? RUN. Just Run! LOL
And those who say they should not be here. Well hell this is America and as it should be.
With age comes experience and we know what we say will be sometimes taken on the web as gospel.
So let prudence be our guide.
But not to far off I will be committed to the earth, as all I have taken, and I hope when they see me they say, I was Honorable in my Decision I made with their Life!!!
Sid Nelson

Last edited: