Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 or Nightforce The BEAST 5-25x56mm

I went with razor. Wasnt even considering the beast but more along the lines of the ATACR. Well comparing to specs of the beast, has wider zoom range, Shorter turrets, more compact design all around, warranty ( I know NF has a good warranty but most would agree that the vortex warranty is the best in the bis), not to mention about a grand less.

I don't think you'd be unhappy with either scope. You just have to decide which offers the features and reticles that best serve your needs. If price is a factor....the Razor Gen II really shines. As was stated....bot top tier scopes but the Razor is $1K less.....which is amazing. As far as warranty....I really think they are very equal. I had one NF scope that needed repair due to a manufacturing defect. They had the scope for two days and second day air mailed it back to me. NF really has a commitment to provide excellent CS just as Vortex does.....so a horse a piece there.

Good Luck.....Both scopes would be excellent and serve you well for a very long time.

Wayne

P.S.
I'd go for the Razor Gen II....just like the turrets a little more and the $1K savings goes a long way towards reloading components :)

Wayne

P.S.
I'd go for the Razor Gen II....just like the turrets a little more and the $1K savings goes a long way towards reloading components :)

that seems to be where my thoughts are also. but it will be a bit before I purchase so if something better comes along prior things might change. Still nee to get the Mcree chassis and Timney Calvin elite trigger before the optic. Unless I win the lottery that is.

I have been wondering the same question. I have done some research on the both of them, on their websites and various videos on YouTube. I have also got the input of several fellow marines, including sniper instructors. The B.E.A.S.T. has the well known NightForce look, beautiful turrets and design. If i was going to buy it over the Vortex for any reason it would be for looks. I do not like how they made the adjustments in sets of two, and then you have the throw lever to add the extra .1 MIL or 1/4 MOA. I hate that, if it wasn't for that I would buy it. I do however like how they integrated a button to change the illum. Both scopes appear to have incredible glass according to reviews from customers. But the Vortex in my opinion is ugly. I hate the color. If I do buy it, it won't go with FDE or black. I honestly don't know why they wouldn't have different color options if they wanted to have that bronze color. I'm not a big fan of the design of the texture of the turrets, i would much rather prefer NightForces large, aggressive grip. But Vortex knocked it out of the park with function. The locking mech is amazing and simple. The B.E.A.S.T.'s locking mech looks like you could rotate the elevation while trying to lock it, and the windage will lock at zero, but you cant lock it after you have dialed in your dope. That doesn't make sense. The Vortex also has a pretty cool way to adjust the illum by pulling a knob out of the parallax turret. I want to buy the Vortex, for (1) to save money and (2), because it appears to be easier to use. But I already know that will hate how it looks. If i had the money to blow, I would go for the B.E.A.S.T. because it is sexy, and it would help with the resale value of the rifle.

If both scopes were the exact same price, it would be a very tight race, but the RZR would win by a nose.

Both scopes are not the same price, so that makes the choice simple.

If both scopes were the exact same price, it would be a very tight race, but the RZR would win by a nose.

Both scopes are not the same price, so that makes the choice simple.

my thoughts exactly . vortex really cornered the market with the gen 2. its a steal for what your getting. i cant wait to see what they come out with next . rumors are the next design will be much lighter

Just got back from Alpine range and was able to maul a Razor HD II 3-18 x50 and I am digging it. But in the same price range is the ATACR 4-16x42. Any opinions from someone who has handled both.
Thanks
Carl

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.