Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 vs ATACR 5.5x25x56mm

Fotis

Currently building a custom 375 Cheytac and I can not decide between these two scopes. Can anyone help me out?

I like the FFP of the Razor (do not even know if it is needed to be honest) but hate the 48 ounces!
The NF does have a great reputation for sure. So with glass quality, tracking, durability, or anything else I can not think about, what would you choose?

I have the 4-16 F1, and the razor gen ii.

while the 4-16 is slightly different then 5-25 - the comparison to vortex is the same.

I would take the F1 over the vortex every day of the week. I prefer the MOART reticle myself, its more practical for my shooting style.

while I have not had any issues with the gen ii, the clarity from the NF far surpasses the vortex along with overall easier turret manipulation, included throw lever and ease of use of the illumination.

just my own experience

I've personally went from a 5-25 to the 7-35 and believe its worth the extra just my opinion.

I have 14 NF scopes. If it were me I would go with the NXS 8X32X56 2DD reticle. I have a couple ATACRS and in my opinion they don't bring enough to make a difference to justify the extra cost over the NXS. I don't puch paper, only when sighting in, so all my experance is hunting. I can't speak to bench rest competition shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.