Vortex lht comments?

My advise is advice I listen to myself. Save and buy the best you can afford, and if that is not top shelf, wait and save a little more. I am not saying all your scopes need to be top shelf, but the ones you will depend on for the hunt of a lifetime, or as your normal gun, I firmly believe in the best. I only have Atacr scopes on my "important" guns. I would rather have one awesome rifle with great glass that tracts, than 20 lesser guns with cheap scopes. Object is to see and hit what you are shooting at and I can't do either without good equipment. Course I am old and blind in one eye and can't see out of the other.

My advise is advice I listen to myself. Save and buy the best you can afford, and if that is not top shelf, wait and save a little more. I am not saying all your scopes need to be top shelf, but the ones you will depend on for the hunt of a lifetime, or as your normal gun, I firmly believe in the best. I only have Atacr scopes on my "important" guns. I would rather have one awesome rifle with great glass that tracts, than 20 lesser guns with cheap scopes. Object is to see and hit what you are shooting at and I can't do either without good equipment. Course I am old and blind in one eye and can't see out of the other.
100%, I've ran vortex for lots of fun guns. I'll miss steel all day if the scope has a hiccup. Hunting I need 100% confidence. And I've had to use the vortex warranty 1-2 times a year for the past 6-7 years. Not only mine but for buddies as well. Great company to deal with, but you eventually just get tired of having to use the warranty.

I wouldn't say I'm a fan but do use vortex products, I've had nothing but positive experiences with the company and have used the warranty in one way or another. That said the hd lht 3x15x42 sitting on top of this Seekins element has been great, I chose it for weight, reticle and looking through it is really niceView attachment 560853

I've had 3 viper pst gen 1 and do and they have all done great for me as well. Only reason I'm asking about the lht is I'm building either a 300 wm or a prc so I'm kind of splurging and seeing what people thing!

Yes that is great logic I need maybe 4-5 guns in my life and would like them all to be the best I can get

Have you looked further than those you listed? If not, I would suggest you take a look at Tract Optics for the price range you are looking at with the Vortex HD LHT and NXS. I have never held one or looked through one, but they have Schott Glass and made in Japan, just something else to take a look at, they have great reviews and lifetime warranty.

Love the 2 LHTs I have on my hunting rifles. Here is the weight comparison with NXS, and March

Screenshot_20240405_081131_Chrome.jpg

The glass is excellent, i love that and the reticle

the coin or flat head attachment of the top turret is crap and i cant stand it.

Much prefer NF or even Burris xtr turrets over this one.

The illumination button is such a pain in the rear end as well. Freezing cold with gloves ive had trouble getting it working.

That being said i own two of em that are on dialed in rifle so im reluctant to remove them.

Been buying more of the ffp and sfp credos recently and ive been very impressed with them.

I just put a FFP LHT on my 300wm hunting rifle; I can't comment on the durability but the clarity and weight are very nice. It's replacing a gen2 Razor 4.5-27 that served me well but I'm tired of carrying it around in the backcountry and I suspect the 2 pound reduction is going to help with offhand shots substantially. The tracking seems good so far.

I just put a FFP LHT on my 300wm hunting rifle; I can't comment on the durability but the clarity and weight are very nice. It's replacing a gen2 Razor 4.5-27 that served me well but I'm tired of carrying it around in the backcountry and I suspect the 2 pound reduction is going to help with offhand shots substantially. The tracking seems good so far.
I think it's an insane value for the scope

Been deciding between a vortex lht, NX8 or a mark5. Purpose will be for long range shooting and backcountry hunting. Thanks
1. NX8
2. See #1

I have personally seen WAY too many Leupolds go down to ever consider one for my own use. I have had 4 brand new ones go down during load development on various rifles. I had a personal Vari-X III with about 600 rounds go down on me. I have also seen about 10 go down on other guy's rifles with my own eyes.

I have heard of too many Vortex going down too, but none I have personally shot.

I think it's an insane value for the scope
Agreed. Like all Vortex products the MSRP is a bit scammy but if you shop around you can find good deals. I picked mine up on BH Photo a few weeks ago for $1100 with a free gift (olight flashlight/laser pointer). Saw it on Dvor a few days ago for $1150 iirc. Can't beat Vortex's warranty either.

I have had a couple lht's, both 3-15x 42. One is the original I got in 2017 and then one newer version as well. I have put them through the paces and they have done well by me. I cannot say the same for the viper series. Every viper I have been near has gone back for warranty. The lht tracks well and is very clear. I like the reticle a lot and the eye relief is lenient. I swap optics around constantly and usually only keep a scope for a couple years, but I have held on to the lht.