Vets and 1st Responders

Have them text or email proof, I do it all the time. My DL indicates veteran status, some companies will take that, others want to see the DD214. Either way, it's not a big deal to provide proof.

If it were me and I found people that had taken the discount and weren't entitled to it I would ask to be reimbursed and if they declined I would for sure publicly post their name, city and state.

Most vets have some form of military ID other than a dd214, it really has no important information on it that could be used against me, maybe just require a copy of it. I just set up an account with euro optic and just emailed them all requested information to get a military discount along with sending in a copy of my dd214 with all sensitive information blocked out, nothing fancy at all. I've never used your bullets but have read on this site where most who use them are very pleased with the results, I'm always looking for a good deal, knowing I could get one from you would push me in that direction

Most vets have some form of military ID other than a dd214, it really has no important information on it that could be used against me, maybe just require a copy of it. I just set up an account with euro optic and just emailed them all requested information to get a military discount along with sending in a copy of my dd214 with all sensitive information blocked out, nothing fancy at all. I've never used your bullets but have read on this site where most who use them are very pleased with the results, I'm always looking for a good deal, knowing I could get one from you would push me in that direction
See post 19. No reason for you to be sending out your dd214.

See post 19. No reason for you to be sending out your dd214

Most of you know that we offer a 10% discount for military and 1st responders. We do this on the honor system. 33% of our orders take this discount. About 7% of the population are vets. Trying to figure out if we have customers taking advantage of this. We have looked into programs that verify, but they cost thousands of dollars. No possible way to recoup the cost. We want these groups to get the discount and despise the stolen valor. Would like to hear everyone's opinion.
If 1/3 of your orders are using that code you're getting ripped off. Probably easier to offer it on certain days like vets day and first responder appreciation day. You'll still have losers that take advantage of it but only a couple days of the year.

If 1/3 of your orders are using that code you're getting ripped off. Probably easier to offer it on certain days like vets day and first responder appreciation day. You'll still have losers that take advantage of it but only a couple days of the year.
I'm a retired Houston FireFighter Key Word Retired , so technically I'm no longer a first responder , I never have asked for the discount but appreciate the thought . I'm blessed too still do ranch work etc . I think it's a good gesture on Hammers part , so don't take the discount if you really don't need it . Just my opinion I know there is a lot of Vets and first responders that the discount helps out . Thank You Hammer Bullets You all are first class.

I'm sure there are people taking advantage of your honor system. How many would be hard to say...

Maybe you could have a system where they send you a pic of their credentials and you modify their account to automatically apply the discount to any purchases? Would be a lot more work on you end,

First responders are some of the most well compensated workers in the country, I do not think them saving $5 on a box of bullets( for a hobby) is helping them out
Maybe so maybe not depends on what state county or city , also there is a lot of civil defense and volunteers that don't get paid a dime and they are first responders . I think you might have missed the point.

You could do a verification via email (Only going to work for active Leo/Mil/FS).

The law reads, "Whoever manufactures, sells, or possesses any badge, identification card or other insignia of the design prescribed by the head of any department or agency of the United States for use by any officer or employee thereof, or any colorable imitation thereof, or photographs, prints, or in any other manner makes or executes any engraving, photograph, print, or impression in the likeness of any such badge, identification card, or other insignia, or any colorable imitation thereof, except as authorized under regulations made pursuant to law, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both."