Vets and 1st Responders

Maybe so maybe not depends on what state county or city , also there is a lot of civil defense and volunteers that don't get paid a dime and they are first responders . I think you might have missed the point.
Sure let's all pour out a tear for the destitute first responders for the careers or volunteer jobs they chose. To my knowledge none of them were drafted into the field- except felons who make pennies fighting wildfires, but they can't own guns so likely not a big market.

The point is if 1/3 of his orders are getting comped 10%, his system is broke. They(Hammer) wouldn't come on here, their strongest support page, and state so otherwise.
Give back to small business and protect his bottom line by admitting noone who can afford to shoot needs a Thank-you from a small business whose prices have gone up.

Sure let's all pour out a tear for the destitute first responders for the careers or volunteer jobs they chose. To my knowledge none of them were drafted into the field- except felons who make pennies fighting wildfires, but they can't own guns so likely not a big market.

The point is if 1/3 of his orders are getting comped 10%, his system is broke. They(Hammer) wouldn't come on here, their strongest support page, and state so otherwise.
Give back to small business and protect his bottom line by admitting noone who can afford to shoot needs a Thank-you from a small business whose prices have gone up.
Wow where do you get all your info first of all a felon would never be allowed in the civil defense fire fighting service . The ones I know where either in law enforcement , rangers or in training for a future professional fire fighters job for one reason or the other .

Maybe just setup a vet/1st responder email for verification. Send a id/214/email from a proper account to the account and give them a discount code. Little more work, could they share it ya... but probably give you a better idea of the amount of customers that qualify. I use it and appreciate it. But understand the current system might not work as the business grows.

I give a military / vets discount at my shop and it is on the honor system. Verification systems are spendy. Most veterans don't carry a DD214, but can acquire one if necessary. Mine and my wife's stay in the lock box at home.
What percentage of orders wind up getting the discount?

Hopefully the ones in your area read that and act accordingly when your house is on fire or you need medical assistance. LOL

What percentage of orders wind up getting the discount?
About 30 percent. I ask most people when they pick up their vehicle if they are a veteran. Most don't ask for the discount. I can't say that I have ever asked for a veteran discount myself. I do think veterans and active duty deserve a break. Some don't want it or need it.

We have the two coupons on the checkout page. One for vets/active and one for 1st responders. Between the two it is 33% of the orders. About 10% more vets than 1st responders.

There are a bunch of things that will scew the numbers. Repeat buyers for one. The percent of discounts stays very steady. I am not sure that we are getting taken advantage of. Brian thinks there are more crooks than I do. I am kinda a "Let God sort it out" guy. I get bent about people making the lie. Then the labor or money needed to verify raises the cost of doing business, which increases the prices and the guys that we want to appreciate lose. So really they are stealing from the folks we want to give the discount to. Let alone stolen valor.

I am thinking I will check with our IT guys and see what it would take to make the coupons dependent on an uploaded photo/file. I know we have a bunch older vets that are just doing good to place the order online, let alone have to download proof.

Thanks for all your input guys! Appreciate it.

Hopefully the ones in your area read that and act accordingly when your house is on fire or you need medical assistance. LOL
Hopefully none are childish enough to choose who to serve based on their beliefs and opinions especially when their service is paid for- wait for it- by the end user. You wouldn't exist without taxpayers, now go save a kitty while the adults talk.

That is right in line with what we see. So we both get the same number of vets combined with thieves! LOL!
My big advantage is that I get to see the person eye to eye. I ask what unit they served with and where as casual conversation. You can usually pick out a thief when talking to them. You don't have that advantage. One day I will get around to ordering some of your bullets ( if you have any left after Weatherby). I just have to use up some of what I have on my shelf first. Have a good day Steve, and thank you for considering veterans.

Hopefully none are childish enough to choose who to serve based on their beliefs and opinions especially when their service is paid for- wait for it- by the end user. You wouldn't exist without taxpayers, now go save a kitty while the adults talk.
Nope I have saved a bunch of idiots over the years so will continue to so continue to act that way. And will continue to as we are professionals whether paid or volunteering so we act that way. We are actual adults. ;)

Recent Posts