Vets and 1st Responders

Nope I have saved a bunch of idiots over the years so will continue to so continue to act that way. And will continue to as we are professionals whether paid or volunteering so we act that way. We are actual adults. ;)
You just hinted that they should act according to my post- which would be baby back bs.

Wow where do you get all your info first of all a felon would never be allowed in the civil defense fire fighting service . The ones I know where either in law enforcement , rangers or in training for a future professional fire fighters job for one reason or the other .
There's a ton of prison inmates that work wildland firefighting many for years and for dollars a day. Then when they get out they can't get jobs as firefighters since they have a record. Seems fair right

You just hinted that they should act according to my post- which would be baby back bs.
Will make it easier for you to understand and break it down into short sentences. We are professionals. We will continue to act that way(as professionals). We will save idiots and anyone in need. We will continue to do that. Clear enough? You obviously know nothing about first responders if you thought otherwise. :rolleyes:

Hopefully the ones in your area read that and act accordingly when your house is on fire or you need medical assistance. LOL

Will make it easier for you to understand and break it down into short sentences. We are professionals. We will continue to act that way(as professionals). We will save idiots and anyone in need. We will continue to do that. Clear enough? You obviously know nothing about first responders if you thought otherwise. :rolleyes:
Bob read your posts

Many places, like Area 419 off the top of my head, give such a discount and just have you email them proof and they reply back with a discount code. It might be a pain to do they, by having to produce a unique code each time, but it's perhaps an option.

I didn't realize the places that verify for you charged so much. As an active military member, I appreciate you offering a discount! It's not something I expect or even often use, but the fact that it's offered means a lot. Thanks.

We have the two coupons on the checkout page. One for vets/active and one for 1st responders. Between the two it is 33% of the orders. About 10% more vets than 1st responders.

There are a bunch of things that will scew the numbers. Repeat buyers for one. The percent of discounts stays very steady. I am not sure that we are getting taken advantage of. Brian thinks there are more crooks than I do. I am kinda a "Let God sort it out" guy. I get bent about people making the lie. Then the labor or money needed to verify raises the cost of doing business, which increases the prices and the guys that we want to appreciate lose. So really they are stealing from the folks we want to give the discount to. Let alone stolen valor.

I am thinking I will check with our IT guys and see what it would take to make the coupons dependent on an uploaded photo/file. I know we have a bunch older vets that are just doing good to place the order online, let alone have to download proof.

Thanks for all your input guys! Appreciate it.

Make the discount buttons be associated with a customer's account. Button doesn't show up at checkout unless they A) already have an account set up on your website, B) the login before checkout, and C) they have previously emailed a copy of docs. Maybe some manual labor up front making notations on customer accounts, but once it's done the overhead should drop to nil?

Unfortunately this is the internet and people are fake. There are a few "Well-Know Members" here who are complete frauds. Misrepresenting who they really are and what they do. I'm not surprised people take advantage of your generosity Steve. But if you have to lie to save 6-10$, I can only assume you are a "Really Good Dude".

That's a good thing, the 10% discount. Not really surprised 30% of your customers are Veterans, seems about right. Gun shops have a high percentage of Veterans too. Hope you keep the discount going, the Honor system is pretty cool way to offer it.Don't sweat the cheaters, they're not worth the bother.

Hopefully the ones in your area read that and act accordingly when your house is on fire or you need medical assistance. LOL

I know where he lives and firefighters in that area probably average about $200k/yr, drive brand new Powerjokes with 22's and live in $500k+ houses...all for working 2-3 days a week. Not too bad if you ask me.

I know where he lives and firefighters in that area probably average about $200k/yr, drive brand new Powerjokes with 22's and live in $500k+ houses...all for working 2-3 days a week. Not too bad if you ask me.
****! I should have spent my career there. Lol That is far from the norm and I bet they are working well more than 2-3 days a week to make that. That reads like a lot of overtime as well.

****! I should have spent my career there. Lol That is far from the norm and I bet they are working well more than 2-3 days a week to make that. That reads like a lot of overtime as well.

Not too far from the norm...Wildland guys with a couple weeks of training are making more than the contract helicopter pilots that spent $70k on training.

The days of the "poor firefighter" are long gone. If anyone can afford the extra 10% for some bullets, it's them.

I know a newly married couple looking to move here... one is a firefighter in the City, one is a school teacher...they are approved for $750k to $1 million dollar homes. The firefighter is making north of $250k/yr and yes that is with overtime.

I'm glad Steve offers a discount, it shows his true character. But honestly, if they can't afford the extra 10% then they should pick up a new hobby.