Vectronix range finders

odoylerules

Is there a range finder comparable out there with a Vectronix? They quit making the "lower" priced models because there wasn't enough profit apparently. ("Lower" means under 3 grand)
My kilo 2000 doesn't range squat under 1k yards unless the conditions are PERFECT. Best I've ever gotten was 1500ish yards on a hillside. The 2400 is supposed to be 25% better, but I haven't heard great things about the AB solver. I already have a Kestrel elite. Don't need 2 AB programs.
Anyone got a Vectronix Terrapin or PLRF10 for sale?

The Terrapin is a great rangefinder, but it's a bit excessive unless you need to range beyond 1400 yards on a regular basis. That said, I love mine!

They turn up used every once in a while for nearly the price of the new ones.

I have great luck with my swaro EL range. it should range pretty darn well out to about 1100 and over a mile in good conditions. that is as far as I intend to shoot.

Youl lhate a terrapin, once you have a problem then turns into real expensive paper weight

Youl lhate a terrapin, once you have a problem then turns into real expensive paper weight

I assume you had a problem with one? I've been using mine for better than 2 years and never had an issue. I have 3 more guys I shoot with that have terrapins and they've never had an issue either.

It's an excellent piece of equipment.

Yes my unit I pretty much babied.Not a scratch.Not working.It is $800 to get a repair quote,then can go up from thereAnother paid $1200 for fix.If it goes back to factory can be long wait,season for me is Saturday.Read tons of threads and my guess is lazer out of aliginment

Used unit three seasons.Have ten plus on Lieca no issue and used bow season also

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.