Varget and Retumbo

I was bit by a dog in Gympie in 2018 (required plastic surgery at Royal Women's Brisbane Hospital) - can't be that far from you.

Ms LRNut used to live in Perth (actually Mandurah) and has friends in WA and Queensland. I am visiting our friends and then I have a business meeting meeting in Christchurch. Going hunting with a guy I hunted with back in 2003 (tahr and chamois).

Interesting, the woman who bought my wife's house in Mandurah (we are staying with her the rest of the week after tonight) has a son who immigrated to Canada and is now a big hunter and LOVES LR gong shooting with his .338 Edge. He plans on hunting deer in CO this fall at our place there.

Any chance you know Tony Baker?
Canada covers an area of 9.9 million kilometers squared but, only contains a population of 38 million; so, of course, I know Tony.

He was referring to the shooting community in SEQ, Brisbane in particular.
Thanks Black Hat; Tony is active on another hunting website and is the moderator for the Australia/NZ forum. Great guy.

I just finished up my hunt for chamois and tahr. Chamois was only so-so but the tahr was 13.5." Used my outfitter's rifle. I have borrowed rifles before for hunts in Scotland and NT, but won't do it again. I shot my tahr at 390 but it was a luck shot as the rifle didn't group for crap at 200 yards. I am in Auckland now and fly home Saturday.