Using drone to scout for animals?

Post this question on any of the non-long range hunting sites and you'll get some of those guys go bat schitt crazy...

Well if u paid the lease knowing that you can't complain. My grandpa felt the same way about rifle scopes u fell about drones. Doesn't make him right. Everything is new technology at one point. I assume you don't hunt with a flintlock or hand thrown spear. It may be rude but they paid the lease money too. I've had some annoying crap happen to me hunting elk on fed land but it is what it is.

I want the best of both worlds.
I'd like to see them use technology to clone a wooly mammoth,
then I'd locate it and hunt it with a drone,
and kill it with a hand thrown spear. Hand knapped flint tip, of course.

Just call me when we skip the semantics, and I can just lob a nuke round from my 3D printed howitzer, using my iPhone to guide it to the deer. I'll then have Uber eatz use a drone to come pick up the cooked deer and drop it off at my house. I'll post my trophy to my Instagram using Snapchat, and link it using the icloud from my Facebook account.

Glad to hear from many on this thread that they are illegal on many of our shared lands. I imagine if they weren't--with the rapid cost declines we've seen with drones--that some entrepreneurial person would soon have a fleet of self-operating drones across the mountains providing real-time animal tracking with GPS coordinates available to high-paying subscribers. There will be multiple rate plans:
  1. The low rate will give general seasonal patterns.
  2. The middle rate will provide a 2-day lag time.
  3. The $5k annual subscription plan will offer the latest locations of specific bull elk, download the easiest path to get to them to your GPS.
  4. $10k Platinum plan will even take the shot for you.
Congrats on the excellent kill--now you can even do it from your vacation on the French Riviera!

Here in NZ we have specific rules with regards to flying drones but on private land as long as you have the land owners permission we can fly a drone. A few months ago my wife decided to take her drone with us on a hunting trip to a private block of land where we were hunting Red Deer, much to my dismay! I was watching deer that were around 600 yards away and as soon as the drone was airborne they lifted their heads and they were gone. The only thing I can think of was that the deer heard the drone. So even if it is legal and if you decide it is ethical you might just frighten away your once in a lifetime trophy. As for me, I will stick to binoculars, pack and rifle.
That can work to some bums advantage they scare then into waiting hunters or themselves ! Just like using a chopper to round things up !

Capitalism at work!
A2053F01-91D3-4165-BF84-13D69D6D36F2.jpeg

]

I think it's very funny..People will use the highest teck rifles.. 3 x 99 x 106 super scopes.. 10,000 fps super terminal devastating ammo High teck space man hunting
clothes..Hire Peter Chapstick for a guide..But then say OH NO!!! to a little battery powered aircraft? It's no big deal hunting/gun ownership will be outlawed in the US in 10 years anyway!
I heard that about guns 15 years ago ! That's not going to be easy as long as you have a government that lives by the constitution !

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.