Using an iPhone to document reloading equipment settings

I would say Microsoft OneDrive is what you are looking for. I have an excel sheet saved on my OneDrive that I document all my important reloading settings and cartridge settings, see pictures below. Not to mention, it makes it WAY easier to keep a reloading log. With OneDrive, I can have all this data on my laptop, iPad, Samsung Cell Phone, etc, etc at all times. Best part is that if I am out of town and lose my phone, I can just log back into my Microsoft account and no information was lost.

1649096808380.png

1649096844525.png

I have reloading rooms in both of AZ and CO; for the most part, I have identical equipment in both rooms but I have found it is difficult to document/remember various die settings, case trimmer settings, etc. For example, today I was loading for a 300 RUM that I had been loading in CO but brought back to AZ. My seating die is set up for a Sendero 300 RUM that I leave in AZ but today I needed to seat bullets for a custom RUM. In the past, I have always adjusted the die by trial and error to find the COAL (measured to the ogive) for that load. When finished, I move the die back to the rifle and load I most often use it for. I have similar issues with the case trimmer I use in CO - what is the setting for 28N, 300 RUM, Lapua, etc? Powder measure settings, even to trickle after throwing, are another issue. I don't want to spend time adjusting the measure every time I want to throw 88 grains of 8133.

With two loading rooms and records at each location, it gets confusing. So I have taken pictures of settings of various dies, case trimmers, powder measures, etc and used the caption feature to associate that picture to the rifle and the load (can include bullet and powder charge as well). Since the photos are backed up, I will always have them. And since my phone is with me no matter where I go, I always have the load data.
Créate a log of the data you need in your cell phone " notes" folder or in journal that goes with you between places ??

Recent Posts