ultimate firearms ml or the new remington uml

I had hoped for a better outcome than this it wasn't meant to turn it into a debacle but I have researched both rifles and talked to ken at ultimate firearms and being a engineer I like to have concrete facts from what I have learned to date is Remington paid for patent licensing for the breach plug and improved the design and when I say improve lrm primers are not meant to fit into hand gun cases so repriming 45 cases possibly could be a issue not saying they are but could be which isn't that big of a deal if you have time to mess with them 308 cut brass easy to deal with for me as I reload I imagine I can see if any of my dies could simply pop the primer out so I might not even need a 308 die the gun them selves Remington has good factory rifle with the occasional crap one I know I've had one of the bad ones 270wsm that wouldn't shoot any thing barrel wasn't free floated correctly and action was loose in the stock but how often is that a occurring not that much so in turn a ultimate was the first to develop this setup with some quality components the barrel the action the stocks Encore I have no doubt ultimate makes a fine setup but your breach plug issue for me is a pause for concern in the fact that he had to drill the plug out so if it was gas cutting a form of erosion why wouldn't it do that with any other powder a fire in the hole under pressure is a fire in the hole under pressure doesn't mean that another powder can't do the same looking over some data the you can duplicate the pressures with other powder/pellets now quality of the barrel the uf rifle has a very nice barrel the Remington well has a factory Remington which in some cases is better than moa in others slightly more so it all comes down to how far does a guy competently shoot with enough down range energy for a ethical kill for me my cut off would be 350 as the energy will be roughly 1200 lbs give or take a small amount but any thing less than 1000 lbs to me isn't the greatest idea if I hit bone I want break it and have enough to do some additional damage both rifles are capable weapons the question resides in if I order a Remington do I get a good one sub moa or moa or do I get that Sunday shift one that shoots like crap and how often do they produce one like that I would hope they hold the same standard on this as their rifles not often but 1 out of 100 maybe so can I justify 2500 one time purchase or can I take my chances and worst case spend some money on gunsmithing if it shoots like crap and still be below 2500 hundred and achieve the goal set forth I think I'll be passing on this years ml season to see what the result will hold for quality control and in the field results for the Remington to make a more informed decision but my gut says either way will be good but does the wallet need punished for bragging rights that I spent 2500 when I could have possibly spent 750 to 1000 and achieved the same goal time will tell and more reviews from in the field will provide the info on what the Remington is capable of consider its a factory duplicate of the UF ML

Not your fault; when a certain individual shows up on any board the outcome is predictable and has repeated ad nauseum.

I'm really interested in what you have to say but as the above long, run-on paragraph is a single sentence with no punctuation I have given up trying to understand. Please consider editing to be readable.

If you're saying what I think you are saying, with any factory $750 rifle you never know exactly what you will get. But most, with some simple TLC...bedding, floating, load development...can be MOA or better rifles. Personally, I found a cheaper T/C Omega with similar TLC to be perfectly accurate to the range it delivered enough energy to be a hunting weapon (400-500 yards with 325gr bullets).

Maybe its just me but, all the hoopla about problems loading a LMRP into a .45 Winchester Magnum case, is just that, hoopla. I've primed over 400 .45WM cases and everyone seats properly.

I decided I'd address the issue, best I can, with a couple photos. I opened up a bag of 500 NEW .45WM brass, took one out and seated the Federal 215 primer.

Not a mountain but wanted factual info not a dodge vs Chevy debate of the 70's. For the lack of punctuation in the previous post if that is the biggest quarry there is about what I said than the point was made. Encore I appreciate the photos. Does the primer seat flush with the case or might it be just set in a hair? By the way your a lucky guy those primers you have, I have been chasing for over the entire USA. Wonder if Bartlien makes a ml barrel hmmm. I'll research that tonight but that might make this interesting as own several rifles with their barrels that are better than 1/2 moa. Maybe I might be in for a custom of my own with some bar rowed tech.

.............. Encore I appreciate the photos. Does the primer seat flush with the case or might it be just set in a hair? By the way your a lucky guy those primers you have, I have been chasing for over the entire USA.......

The primers seat oh so slightly inside or flush. Never had one extend beyond the case. I've laid a straight edge across them and what ever it may be, its slight.

Jay's in Gaylord has had the 215's and a bunch of pistol primers, both standard and magnums. I was in there yesterday and they had some, they just don't last long on the shelf. Woods & Waters in Hillman had Remington 9 1/2, or did. I have 2,000 :)

Not so jealous now just found a shop online that has fed. 215 primers lots of them and bought 3000 of them lol so I'm good now the 300 RUM won't go hungry

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.