Remington 700 Ultimate ML drop chart

el matador

I was checking out Remington's website, looking at the specs on their Ultimate Muzzleloader. It has me pretty interested actually, and I know some of you guys shoot them. The ballistics they show on the site are pretty hilarious though. Anybody here ever experienced 86" of drop at 300 yards with a ML using 3 pellets?

muzzleloader_07.jpg

That testing may have been done with Pyrodex.

We need to see some real world results after the new owners start stretching them out past 100yds.

There's a significant number of these new owners that "thought" they were actually purchasing an Ultimate Firearms rifle and feeling a little deceived. Then there's the guy who purchased and then asked how much powder you put in the case :rolleyes:

IMO there wasn't enough explanation on procedures presented throughout all the marketing hype.

What -86" at 300yds what did they us for a ballet a brick. and look at the 250 yds -47" and if they say that what else is not true.lightbulb I do no you don't what to shoot Bh209 in that gun. it well gas cut the breech plug real first. not good.

I can't figure out why Remington didn't use a 200yd zero when they say its 300yd capable. IMO that would have given shooters at least a somewhat better ballistic reading. I can't remember, but I believe that data reflects using a 250gr bullet.

My Ultimate Firearms Inc. rifle, shooting a 300gr bullet and 3-T7M pellets zeroed at 200yds is approximately 3.5" high at 100yds. It drops only 15" at 300yds. At 400yds it drops 46.5". Again that's with a 200yd zero.

I'm hearing of the rifle getting into a few hands and it shouldn't be long before we get some range reports. I was informed by a retailer, that a person bought one from him that owns all three models of the Ultimate Firearms Inc. rifles. He expects a long range report soon from that person and that he'd pass it on.

Am I the only one that noticed they didn't zero the other rifle at 100yds like the "Ultimate". It looks like it's down 12"+ at 150yds already. They must have zeroed it at 5ft. Talk about over selling something with shady marketing.

Am I the only one that noticed they didn't zero the other rifle at 100yds like the "Ultimate". It looks like it's down 12"+ at 150yds already. They must have zeroed it at 5ft. Talk about over selling something with shady marketing.

I seen it too when first posted. Marketing at its best.

Marketing or just plain lying.....make me think of the dyno graphs some engine builders supply with their engines

The 86" of drop is with what looks to be a 100 yd zero (could even be 50yds...).

The top trajectory line just happens to have a zero of 150 yds. Skewed numbers to make the Remington UM look better (very common marketing ploy used by many in all forms of industry advertising...).

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.