Two stage trigger recommendation?

HSmithTX

Who makes the best two stage triggers for R700 platform rifles? I have a lot of miles on really really good two stage triggers on 1911/2011 platform handguns and AR platform rifles, and it is what I prefer by a lot even over the 'glass rod' triggers measured in ounces. I just don't feel like I know EXACTLY when a single stage is going to break even when it is less than half the total weight of a two stage. Then you get into gloves and weather etc (buck fever maybe too LOL), I don't really care to have one of my field rifles with a 6-10 ounce trigger. None of the two stages on guns that I am trying to mimic are over 2-1/2 pounds total, most are right at or a couple ounces under 2 pounds and split evenly between first and second stage. I would like to have the same trigger feel on my rifles, what have you used that might fit the request?

Thanks!

I don't have one yet, but I am going to go with a Trigger Tech Diamond 2 stage, first stage is adjustable from 4 to 20 oz, second stage is adjustable 4 to 24 oz. Have heard a lot of good about them. They have them in the "special" model as well, the first stage is 8 to 24 oz, second stage is 8 to 32 oz. For you, set first stage at wherever you want, 10-12 oz? Then set the second to 28-32 oz and would likely be very close to a well tuned 1911. They are also offered in curved or flat blade.

More detail -

I have owned a Huber and it was nice but I did not like the long travel in the pull or how the first stage does not reset. I have two triggertech diamond two stage that I really like. I like running two stage because it can have a light break weight but having the two stages makes it safer in the field.

I don't have one yet, but I am going to go with a Trigger Tech Diamond 2 stage, first stage is adjustable from 4 to 20 oz, second stage is adjustable 4 to 24 oz. Have heard a lot of good about them. They have them in the "special" model as well, the first stage is 8 to 24 oz, second stage is 8 to 32 oz. For you, set first stage at wherever you want, 10-12 oz? Then set the second to 28-32 oz and would likely be very close to a well tuned 1911. They are also offered in curved or flat blade.

More detail -

This ☝🏼 I have several Diamonds. I prefer the two stage on very light triggers allows "covering" the trigger without sending one. On a little heavier pull hunting rifles say 1-1/2lb+ I prefer TriggerTech single stage.

On my chassis PRS type builds I'll set the first stage very light close to the 4oz then second near 1lb. Works well.

Triggertech Diamond 2 stage is good stuff. I prefer single stage, but I have a 2 stage in one of my varmint rigs.

mqyxEPzh.jpg

We just got a pile of single stage diamonds in stock if anyone needs any. :)

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

I will repeat everybodys choice on the triggertech. Had one now for about 3 months and put a couple hundred rounds through my 284. I can confidently say its the best trigger ive ever used and have become a fan of the 2 stage!! Unbelievable!

I really like the Geissele Super 700. It can be converted from 2-stage to single. Every aspect of the trigger can be adjusted if desired and the break is crisp.

I like the BixNAndy 2-stage the best, TriggerTech for 1 stage. I think that the TriggerTech 2 stage is good, but I like a longer first stage and the TriggerTech has a very short 1st stage.

I am torn between the TT 2 Stage Diamond and the Geissele Super 700.

I have them both, three of the TT's and two of the Geissele Super 700's. The TT's are on my 338 Norma, my 338 Lapua and my 6.8 Western. The Geissele's are on a 30-06, and a 300 Winny.

I have the flat shoe set up on my TT's and really like that aspect, but as far as safety and user interface they are both top notch!

Who makes the best two stage triggers for R700 platform rifles? I have a lot of miles on really really good two stage triggers on 1911/2011 platform handguns and AR platform rifles, and it is what I prefer by a lot even over the 'glass rod' triggers measured in ounces. I just don't feel like I know EXACTLY when a single stage is going to break even when it is less than half the total weight of a two stage. Then you get into gloves and weather etc (buck fever maybe too LOL), I don't really care to have one of my field rifles with a 6-10 ounce trigger. None of the two stages on guns that I am trying to mimic are over 2-1/2 pounds total, most are right at or a couple ounces under 2 pounds and split evenly between first and second stage. I would like to have the same trigger feel on my rifles, what have you used that might fit the request?

Thanks!
The only two stage trigger I own is on my AR15. It is a trigger tech diamond, fantastic trigger. Not sure if it will fit r700 bolt guns.