An improvement to the CG22 REM700 two stage trigger

260remingtom

I bought two of these CG X-TREME model 22 triggers to suit my rem sa 700's and after fitting one was not happy with the second stage feel as it didn't have a real clean let off. anyway I stripped the trigger and noticed that the two adjustment screws were quite close together, so I added about .070' of steel to the trigger,see the picture and drilled another hole closer to the back of the trigger, this gives a positive feel to the second stage and I am now able to use the rifle in a rapid fire match and am not worried about getting the trigger pressure exactly right for every shot.
I have left the welding visible as well as the old screw hole for this picture but have since re blued the trigger and cleaned it up. I also sent a picture of this mod the CG X-Treme and this is their reply.(yes they make a good point but I did try what he said before I did the mod)

Interesting modification. You could have gotten the same result with the two sear adjustment screws. A little more sear engagement (counter clockwise) on the more fwd screw requires the rear sear screw to do more work.

A lot of the expectations come from what the shooters expect or are used to in the different countries. Here in the U.S., shooters tend to shoot much lighter trigger pulls than in other countries. So maybe we could do a better job of setting the triggers up for that expectation before we send them out.

Attachments

• remington trigger.jpg
    remington trigger.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
just an update to this post I took the rifle to the range after carefully adjusting the trigger and it's really nice to use in fact it's almost as good as the two stage huber trigger that I have on another rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.