Adjusting a Rem700 trigger..... or go aftermarket

I've never had an after market trigger on any of my rifles. Either got really lucky with the factory ones (older Rem LTR and Wby Mark V are two of my favorties) or bought a rifle with a tuned trigger already.

But who knows.... once I try a nice after market one, I may be on that road for others! LOL

When John Pierce but my Bartlien Barreled 308, I inquired about a Huber. John told me Huber was hard to deal with. In as much as I had them use a Savage action I wound up with a Savage competition Accutrigger and I will say, it's crisp pulls fantastic and is adjustable down to less than a pound. Like the Timney however you do have to pull the furniture to adjust it. Once I get them set where I want them, no reason to pull the furniture except to clean the underside. They do collect dirt when you hunt with them. Fact of hunting. Manners built the stock for it. Pacific Hydrocoat did the KUIU camo transfer.

You can just send your trigger to Neil Jones along with a check for $80. In return you will get a crisp trigger set at virtually any weight you want.
I had Neil rework a factory Rem trigger to 1.5lbs and it's great. It passes all the normal safety tests and breaks clean.

Concerning the Shilen trigger, they are good and I use them a lot. The safety from the "old style" Remington 700 trigger will work, but the safety from the X-Pro or other 'new' ones will not. The Shilen and the Remington/Walker trigger are of the same, basic design. Close examination will reveal the differences in manufacture. The internals of the Shilen appear to be cut out with EDM and have nice sharp corners, and the internals in the Remington/Walker trigger appear to be stampings with rounded corners. The internals in the newer Remington triggers appear to be MIM.

A jewell trigger is a great investment, imo.. Keep the Remington trigger in case you ever want to sell the rifle, keep the Jewell

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.