Tuckerizing

[ QUOTE ]
What does he do actually to Leupolds??

[/ QUOTE ]
He tucks with 'em until they are all tuckered out then he tucks them in the back of the gunsafe for a rainy day.

Who is he ?

[ QUOTE ]
What does he do actually to Leupolds??

[/ QUOTE ] Replaces the crappy flat springs with a coil spring. He was doing this long before the Nightforce scopes came along with the coil spring on the turret housing!

[ QUOTE ]
4horned is 4warned /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Hey really ,are you trying to say something ?No attitude here , just curious

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I know what 4ked is getting at. For those of us that don't know what "tuckerizing" is (or any subject that may be posted here), something more than a thread with a non-descriptive title and a question that doesn't help either, it would be nice if people posted a little more information so that the rest of us could learn from it - which would probably eliminate posts with the same question somewhere down the line. Other than that, 4ked is just being a little onery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yep, gonehuntidkwnsytrbnfuisngagain nailed it.

I'm just having a little fun. And I really would like to know who tucker is. I"m feeling like I'm being left out of the "I know Tucker and you don't" club this time. We don't get any of the news the rest of the accuracy crowd gets I suppose so we are constantly playing catch up in SW Idaho.

What we need is for 3sixbits to wax eloquent on this subject. He knows what tuckerize is and does. Problem is he's just wore out from eating all that meat or chasing it down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifLooky here you old fart I know that you have more hands on than this whole dang site! Weigh in a little more often and by the way if the lord leaves us here long enough we will all experience failure of one thing or another

Well see that, its not that you don't get the info guys, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif its just that you don't read the post's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

if you go 7 post below this one (at this time) from the main page selection you will see a post "Leupolds Repeatability" and in it BOUNTY HUNTER writes:

Re: Leupolds Repeatability [Re: Larry O]
#64403 - 03/04/05 09:17 AM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

there is a fix for that problem with Leupolds. commonaly called the Tucker conversion.

Cecil Tucker (432) 530-2919 or [email protected] is a gunsmith in Tx that is the premier scope guy for the BR communitiy in this area.

For $175 he puts a zero stop like the NF that takes up all the slack in the Leupolds and makes them 100 % certain and accurate on the click movements. He also does paralax work on them.

BH

there is also a more detailed post, on what the problem is and how this fixes that problem and why it happens. So for those interested just go to the other post AND READ IT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hope this helps all though who are not up to speed on the tuckerizing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Have a tucker of a day,/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Ben

Speaking of "old fart" where did he go. Last I heard he was all excited about building a Gibbs and hydraulicly forming his brass then POOF he was gone.

Thanks shadowman. I try but I can't read them all. Besides my leupold seems fine and I dont know how to fix it if it werent so I glossed over that topic.

Your help is appreciated.

I can't read them all either it just happened to catch my attention and then when I read this I just grind that the two post were so close together on the board and the origanal poster had not seen either.

Thanks,
Ben

[ QUOTE ]
This being a long range optics room, I would mention that Tucker conversions arent available for side focus scopes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know he is doing the Leupold Comp Series with the side focus... not sure on the variables.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.