Turret Cap for Exposed Turrets

They will work on the windage turrets also. The scopes I shoot are capped on the windage turrets but there is no reason this cap wouldn't work on other uncapped turrets.

Thanks
Marcus

Yeah I figured you would say that, one for each turret. Not so simple now, lots of fumbling. I know guys who are so worried about bumping their turrets that they will tape them down and just utilize the reticle. Different strokes for different folks. Maybe there is a way to have a quick disconnect that'll cover all your turrets.

Yeah I figured you would say that, one for each turret. Not so simple now, lots of fumbling. I know guys who are so worried about bumping their turrets that they will tape them down and just utilize the reticle. Different strokes for different folks. Maybe there is a way to have a quick disconnect that'll cover all your turrets.

I don't believe it would be a lot of fumbling with the caps. If you truly trust your elevation turret with your zero stop you could utilize one cap on your exposed windage turret.

If I get a chance over the weekend I will take the dust cover off my windage turret and put a cap on each turret and show how it would work. Most people hold for wind but if you did want to make an adjustment it would lift straight off and sit against the action just like the elevation turret cap.

Thank you for your input and suggestions. Please keep them coming.
Thanks
Marcus Robinson

If I get a chance over the weekend I will take the dust cover off my windage turret and put a cap on each turret and show how it would work. Most people hold for wind but if you did want to make an adjustment it would lift straight off and sit against the action just like the elevation turret cap.

Ok thanks

Great idea, but there are much more scopes with a locking turret now,which I would choose for future.

Here is a quick little video showing the caps on both the windage and elevation turrets. Sorry for the poor quality of video. Let me know what you think. If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears.
Thanks guys
Marcus Robinson

Turret Topper on Elevation and Windage Turrets.: [ame]https://youtu.be/Y82d3B7LmII[/ame]

Thanks for that. That is .010 larger than my current prototype but I think I could make the cap just a touch bigger to accommodate the Sightron SIII.

I am still looking for others to comment and let me know if it is a product they would be interested in or not.

Any other scopes that people would like to see a cap made for?

Thanks
Marcus Robinson

Marcus, I just do not see enough volume in it to ever make you any money. Especially if you have to do manufacturing and sales.Get a patent pending and then contact companies that manufacture scopes and accessories. If you can get one of them interested you are good to go. If not let it go.

Thanks for your comment. I am still not sure what to do. It does fix a problem that people besides myself have experienced. I hear what you are saying about manufacturing and sales and making money though. That is why I am trying to get all the feedback I can about it to see if I should move forward or not. I am patent pending right now. I have not went to any companies yet to see what they think about it. I might move that direction if I don't get more positive feedback.

Thanks again. I appreciate the comments.
Thanks
Marcus

what would be the cost to make them on a set by set basis for people who are interested in them? if the cost isn't too much id buy a pair.

what would be the cost to make them on a set by set basis for people who are interested in them? if the cost isn't too much id buy a pair.

I had to pay quite a bit for a few prototypes to be built. I don't think it would be cost effective at all to have a sell set by set business model compared to going into full production and having product in stock to sell. If I am able to move into production the price point would be substantially lower than if I were to have these made individually for a case by case basis. They would either be way to high of a price point or I would make no money.

I am interested in what people would think would be a fair price point for a single cap.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Marcus

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.