Turret Cap for Exposed Turrets

I'd be interested depending on the design and price. I ran into this same issue this hunting season

3D printing pricing has dropped dramatically, you could buy your own 3D printer kit for around $1500 for a decent one and make them for pennies on the dollar.

If you needed faster production an injection mold would be the way to go. For something simple like that you would have a single mold base with a few different inserts for varying sizes. Mold would cost approx $6000 if there's nothing complicated. Price per molded part would be approx 25-40 cents depending on type of plastic.

They could be made out of a hard type rubber, that had an undercut that allowed it to flex and snap over various turret Sizes. And with rubber being used if it snapped down to below the rotating portion it would lock against the main tube and the smaller diameter of the turret.

Last edited:
It is a solid idea and product. It does exactly what I designed it to do, protect my exposed turret from moving. Unfortunately I couldn't justify the expenses for finishing the patent and getting the tooling made to have them injection molded. My caps right now are 3D printed from a local company. I think they are a good idea to use but many didn't.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.