TTSX or TSX in 6.5 rem mag

69615B84-D81B-44CD-B6EC-37682E10F5C1.jpeg
I thought the 660 Mohawk had a 20"
This is my Mohawk. With 18.5" barrel. I think the later model 600's came with the 20" barrels. I built the stock from a roughed in stock I purchased, my first and hopefully not my last. Replaced the plastic parts with annodized aluminum parts I found on the web. Replaced stock trigger with a Timney trigger at 2.5 lb pull. Very accurate and a joy to shoot. Need to put in the aftermarket exterior bolt release though.

I believe you have the Rem 600.
The Mohawk did not have a vent rib.
Nice rifle
Mine is all stock except for the trigger guard I replaced it with metal one also. I just ordered some 120 TSX to try and some RL 16.

With that kind of speed, you'll need to keep your shots to longer distances or else loose significant meat to bloodshot.

Maybe this next part should be in the reloading forum:

I have shot a fair amount of TSX and they have performed very well out of my 270win. Some bloodshot will occur even at 2600fps but expansion is controlled and penetration...well do I really need to say it? Now I'm trying TTSX because they're supposed to open up at a lower velocity, allowing for slightly longer shots (+ a better BC).

Anyway, the 130gr TTSX is .100" longer (!) than the TSX and the ogive is a little different. I am using a bullet comparator to measure ogive and I also measure COAL. Now, if I load the TTSX at the same ogive length so that the jump is basically the same, then it is about .040" deeper in the case and still .020" longer COAL.

My question is, does this require a lower powder charge in order to avoid excessive pressure problems because the case capacity is being decreased? Will I get the same velocity with a slightly lower charge because of that?
Maybe 1gr lower

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.