tsx super fast velocity performance

moosehead7

I am shooting 180 tax at 3330 muzzle velocitiy and am wondering how the performance will be on deer, can you get tsx traveling too fast that they have poor performance, I shot wet newspaper and found the pedals were blowing off.

Three of us here shoot lighter Barnes in our rifles, also at very fast speeds.. 7mm caliber though* If you're shooting 180, yours must be 30 cal ??

Anyways, none of us have "tested" ours to see what the pedals do or don't do in wet newspapers, BUT... we have killed many many animals, ranging from deer and antelope sized right up to moose and bears. Many Many times over. We're up north of the border too, in Alberta Canada, and it isn't Shiras moose or Texas Whitetails I'm talking about.. there's a little more bone and a little more weight to just about everything North'a the Dakotas!

Our bullets range from 120gr, to 140, to now 168 LRX's that we'll be using pretty much exclusively through new barrels.. and of all those bullets, the velocites have ranged from 3200 right up to 3650 (depending on weight) We've always had exits with Barnes (have found Noslers of different sorts in off-side skins) but never once a Barnes.. and can't say we've been disapointed with wound channels or any lost-game-- and ranges have been from probably 50y right out to 500 or so, with those bullets* The new LRX's give a guy hopes to stretch the distances (now) ...but time will only tell that yet

So pedals or no pedals, I guess I-myself will never know what happened to them in (our cases) ...none-the-less, with or without, the bullet did what it was sent to do*

Maybe isn't the answer you were looking for, but is an answer worth sharing.. from a hunters perspective

I don't use Berger TSX's in my LR rifles due to their lower BC's. However, in my std. hunt rifle where long shots are not anticipated, they are my go-to bullet. Absolute devastation and great transfer of energy.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.