Trigger upgrade for hunting?

Red Hawk Rifles has all their triggers on a big Easter Sale right now.

Personally, I would go TriggerTech. I sold my Jewell, and bought a TriggerTech Special, and don't regret it one bit.

Last edited:
60% of top prs competitors run trigger tech. They are great .I also run timneys on 2 hunting rifles and I think they are great. I like curved for hunting and flats for target. Curved for me is faster to consistently find same position on trigger if shooting relatively quickly like when hunting . Everyone is different and style is definitely a preference deal

Trigger Tech - easier to adjust one screw for weight over travel is non-existent due to design, well I have never had a problem. Timneys are good triggers but two adjustments weight and over travel if you get it wrong the trigger does not work.

Jewell triggers are awesome, but in my opinion, they are a little too high maintenance for a hunting rifle. If you don't keep them cleaned out, they will fire at random times, which is scary as hell. It's happened to me a couple of times with my match rifles. I do a lot of driving around in side by sides when I'm hunting, and it's almost always dusty, muddy, rainy, windy, or some combination of those. The last thing I want to have to worry about is my trigger. Oh, and I like curved for hunting, because they leave a smidge more room for gloves if I don't have time to take them off.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.