Best Field Tripod for Hunting - Want to Upgrade

FLM makes a great tripod, but as a brand doesn't get any traffic in the shooting world. I have had this CP30-S4 II for a few years now and have been impressed with it. Originally ran a leveling base with a clamp but ultimately swapped the base for one of their ball heads. has never had any trouble supporting my rifles and have shot out to about 1,100 yards off it. 18.9" folded, max height of 53.4", three positions on the legs, and came with both spiked and rubber feet. Was $365 direct from FLM in Canada at the time, I don't know what exactly they run now.
20230417_161259.jpg

20191115_130556.jpg

20200928_123539.jpg

The craziest thing about these is the exponential increase in price as ounces are shaved off the weight of these tools. Can get great tripods for the square range for very reasonable prices when weight isn't as big a factor.

Start trying to get em lighter and maintaining rigidity/stability and the price goes to bonkers quick.

I have the Surui model 284 that I'm completely happy with. It's right at or slightly under 3lbs with a leupold hog saddle attached. But I'm get ready to switch over to a quick release arca as soon as I get one mounted on my stock
Thanks! The Surui 284 is on my short list. Nice looking setup.

I am looking for a used RRS TFCT-33 MK2 with an Anvil 30 head. Or just the tripod? I will pull the trigger on a new one soon if I don't find anything used.
TIA
I've been looking for a used Anvil 30 head for months without much luck. They certainly do not come up for sale very often. I'd imagine the guys buying RRS stuff know what they want and don't plan on just trying it out.

FLM makes a great tripod, but as a brand doesn't get any traffic in the shooting world. I have had this CP30-S4 II for a few years now and have been impressed with it. Originally ran a leveling base with a clamp but ultimately swapped the base for one of their ball heads. has never had any trouble supporting my rifles and have shot out to about 1,100 yards off it. 18.9" folded, max height of 53.4", three positions on the legs, and came with both spiked and rubber feet. Was $365 direct from FLM in Canada at the time, I don't know what exactly they run now.
Thanks! Honestly I've never heard of FLM. I'll have to check them out.

The craziest thing about these is the exponential increase in price as ounces are shaved off the weight of these tools. Can get great tripods for the square range for very reasonable prices when weight isn't as big a factor.

Start trying to get em lighter and maintaining rigidity/stability and the price goes to bonkers quick.
Kinda like rifles :)

Assuming the RRS TFC 24/33 models are the best of the best for legs, I'm not sure what the "best" second tier options would be? Sirui, Leofoto, Innorel all make comparable carbon models and I'm sure there are others as well. There's obviously no clear cut "second best" option and personal preference seems to drive it more than anything else.

Seriously, work some nights/weekends or get a part time job for a month. Then go get a RRS set-up. Leofoto and other chinese options are junk. With shooting as a priority, grab a TFCT with integrated anvil 30 head. Skip all the 'hold here with that hand, push this while wrapping that and pulling it'. Just clip-in or drop a bag on top and go to town.

Seriously, work some nights/weekends or get a part time job for a month. Then go get a RRS set-up. Leofoto and other chinese options are junk. With shooting as a priority, grab a TFCT with integrated anvil 30 head. Skip all the 'hold here with that hand, push this while wrapping that and pulling it'. Just clip-in or drop a bag on top and go to town.
I hear you... I've never actually held an RRS setup so maybe that's the next step and maybe it'll push me over the edge to take the plunge.