Best Field Tripod for Hunting - Want to Upgrade

Full Curl

I would like to get a good packable tri-pod for shooting off of while hunting. Possibly duel use with binos/spotter but packability and shooting will be priority. I'm looking at the Sirui carbon fiber models. I plan on installing a clamp type head on it to attached the rifle. Weight and packability are important so I don't want a real beefy, larger model but something still adequately stable for shooting off while prone, sitting, or kneeling. I don't need standing height, kneeling would be fine, and would like it to go as low as prone if possible.

I've used a Bog Gear TAC-3S tripod for years with a custom clamp head on it that has worked well for hunting. Closed length of 22" and 42" extended height. I just want something a little more stable and a better overall quality set up.

I know Sirui makes a lot of different models all the way from small travel tripods to large heavy video equipment tripods. I like how their new ST-124 and ST-125 models fold up so compact but I'm not sure how well they would work to shoot from??

Does anybody have any experience shooting from Sirui tripods? Any specific model recommendations?

Thanks!

Hit up the advanced search feature there are dozens of threads covering $20-3,000 tripods and systems with every detail wanted usually mentioned multiple times.

Hit up the advanced search feature there are dozens of threads covering $20-3,000 tripods and systems with every detail wanted usually mentioned multiple times.
Thanks for the heads up. I did some searching and found some good info but didn't see anything specific to Sirui models as far as shooting off of them.

I've been running the Leofoto Ranger LS 324c and have been really happy with it for all my uses whether clamping in my RRS bino arca adapter holding Leica Noctovid, Meopta 82mm spotter, clamping rifles in or throwing the bag over the head for shooting. I've become more of a fan of using the bag over locking in but I'm sure if I had a lot heavier tripod/beefier head I'd lock in the rifle more. Not bad on the wallet or weight either.
201137.jpeg
20230409_163250.jpg
20230409_163259.jpg
20230201_143423.jpg
20211124_102434.jpg

Im on the light side, hunt most areas with trees.Outdoorsman small,2#.Other is one #, QD too pic rail on rifle.90% run my atlas, sometimes tripod is a rear support
IMG_3631.jpeg

I've been running the Leofoto Ranger LS 324c and have been really happy with it for all my uses whether clamping in my RRS bino arca adapter holding Leica Noctovid, Meopta 82mm spotter, clamping rifles in or throwing the bag over the head for shooting. I've become more of a fan of using the bag over locking in but I'm sure if I had a lot heavier tripod/beefier head I'd lock in the rifle more. Not bad on the wallet or weight either.
Good looking setup. Why did you go with the Ranger LS over their rifle series models? Just curious is all. Thanks!

I have the Surui model 284 that I'm completely happy with. It's right at or slightly under 3lbs with a leupold hog saddle attached. But I'm get ready to switch over to a quick release arca as soon as I get one mounted on my stock

Attachments

• 20221118_131541.jpg
    20221118_131541.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 92
  • 20221118_121334.jpg
    20221118_121334.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 94

Recent Posts