Trigger upgrade for hunting?

Title sort of says it but what triggers do you all run for a hunting rifle? My current rifle is coming with the factory X-Mark trigger from Remington but from what I've read about them it sounds like I'll want to upgrade it. So while I wait for my barrel and receiver to show up I figured I'd find a trigger to install. The rifle is being built off a brand new left handed Remington 700 receiver.
I'm doing a southpaw build on the 700 Action as we as we speak. I opted for the Trigger Tech. I have both Timney and TT and both are nice. I like the adjustment though better on the TT as it has Click values as you adjust. Christensen Arms installs TT as their standard trigger. Both T and TT are nice triggers though. TT on sale at Midway this weekend. The factory Xmark trigger is in no way close to either T or TT.

Title sort of says it but what triggers do you all run for a hunting rifle? My current rifle is coming with the factory X-Mark trigger from Remington but from what I've read about them it sounds like I'll want to upgrade it. So while I wait for my barrel and receiver to show up I figured I'd find a trigger to install. The rifle is being built off a brand new left handed Remington 700 receiver.

I use Jewels almost exclusively.

I'm sure ppl will have many opinions about them getting dirty but I have them in too many rifles to count. Been about 40 states 3 continents and never had a failure of any kind.

Timney are also very good. Just stay with a two stage.

I've replaced all my X-marks (4) with either Jewel or Timney both great triggers, but prefer the Timney Calvin Elite easily adjustable down to 8 Oz. Breaks clean, no slop and no worries of mis fires even at 8 Oz. Has multiple adjustable trigger shoes included. Or the Timney Elite is another great trigger!

The majority is definitely pointing to Trigger Tech. I have one Timney and was disappointed when it required some inletting of the stock to fit so I think I am going to try a Trigger Tech.

I've replaced all my X-marks (4) with either Jewel or Timney both great triggers, but prefer the Timney Calvin Elite easily adjustable down to 8 Oz. Breaks clean, no slop and no worries of mis fires even at 8 Oz. Has multiple adjustable trigger shoes included. Or the Timney Elite is another great trigger!
Do you run 8oz triggers on your hunting rifles? That sounds too light to me...

Used Timney 510 thin shoe @ 2 # in the past.

Switched all my rigs to a Jewell HVRTSBR-A spring at 16 oz. and haven't looked back.

T.TECH doesn't have bottom bolt release for 700 actions in the model I wanted. I think the closed design of that trigger is a plus in a hard use field gun.

Do you run 8oz triggers on your hunting rifles? That sounds too light to me...
Depends upon the kind of hunting you do. Sounds very light to me, I have a 3 pound trigger on my 338 Mag for hunting elk here in Northern Utah. On the other hand my long range rigs have 2 ounce triggers, but the "hunting" with them is critters not big game.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.