Tough way to go out. Mountain lion attack

"MOST" of the laws that I have seen would not restrict this if the mothers life is in jeopardy.
I'm assuming most people will agree this should be.
The problem arises when women decide to use this as a form of birth control after the fact instead of actually using one of the large number of actual birth control products available beforehand.
I find it ironic that the names of the clinics are planned parenthood but they take billions of tax dollars doing the opposite.
These are my thoughts on this and like you I will not be swayed away from my position.
Sorry for farther derailment.
My condolences to the family of the victim. Unfortunately this will not be the last mountain lion attack.
The OB-GYNs practicing in states with these laws don't agree with you.

Using abortion as your primary form of birth control is stupid but I guess you would have a exception for it if you are using another birth control method that failed since that is your only problem, correct?

I'm not sure what your problem is with Planned Parenthood is. The money they receive from the federal government is through Title X, which one of the main functions is providing birth control and contraception education.

Then you have the case of rape. Would you expect the family of the victim in this case be required to take care of the mountain lion instead of having it euthanized? Of course not, that is almost as ridiculous as expecting a woman to take her rapist's baby to term.

The OB-GYNs practicing in states with these laws don't agree with you.

Using abortion as your primary form of birth control is stupid but I guess you would have a exception for it if you are using another birth control method that failed since that is your only problem, correct?

I'm not sure what your problem is with Planned Parenthood is. The money they receive from the federal government is through Title X, which one of the main functions is providing birth control and contraception education.

Then you have the case of rape. Would you expect the family of the victim in this case be required to take care of the mountain lion instead of having it euthanized? Of course not, that is almost as ridiculous as expecting a woman to take her rapist's baby to term.
I agree. If a mt. Lion rapes a woman and there is a resulting pregnancy said woman should be able to terminate the pregnancy🤔 GOOD ARGUMENT

This is outrageous. Their main function is to provide abortions.
I'm sorry but I don't think my tax dollars should be used to kill babies. And just because they haven't been born doesn't mean that they are not living because they are. Nothing you type will change this fact.
You have your views and I have mine.
I will be ignoring this thread as not to keep derailing it.

I don't know ALL states laws on the subject, I don't think there is too many, if any, states that are forcing non-viable pregnancy's. That's not "conservatives." That's THAT states policy. As it should be.

I like how taking responsibility for your actions and not opening legs is not part of your "pointing out hypocrisy" especially when talking about stupid people and consequences of actions…

Inevitably I'm sure you would want to bring in the statistically low percentage of sexual assault victims. They do not make up the 90% of abortions you refer to.
What should I call conservative politicans passing states laws in conservative states other than "conservatives"? I know libtard is the perferred term for liberals on this site, what is it for people who have mainly conservative viewpoints?

I'm guessing when a formerly conservative state becomes more liberal you don't think the resulting change in laws and polices are "As it should be."

I get you, you want to punish all the sluts out there; I don't think it is germane to this conversation. Hypocrisy doesn't have anything to do with taking responsibility for your actions unless you didn't do it and then expected other to. Examples would be:
  1. Telling people they needed to pay back their debts when you didn't. This could be done through a bankrupty (or 6) or getting loans for yourself or family you know would be forgiven because you work in the goverment.
  2. Getting an abortion or influencing others to do so an then supporting a ban on it.

In my mind 1 case of pregnacy resulting from rape would be enough to warrant an exclusion in any abortion law. You find different numbers based on how rape or sexual assult is defined and if there are any attempt to estimate non-reported rapes but even the lowest numbers state there are over 100,000 rapes per year in the US. Even if all the women in the US were on birth control all the time 1 or 2 of those will result in a pregnancy. I don't see where I've ever referred to "90% of abortions" at all so I can't reply to that.

Last edited:
I agree. If a mt. Lion rapes a woman and there is a resulting pregnancy said woman should be able to terminate the pregnancy🤔 GOOD ARGUMENT
I assume your reading comprehension is not that bad and you are just messing with me. Let me know if that isn't the case and I will break it down for you.

This is outrageous. Their main function is to provide abortions.
I'm sorry but I don't think my tax dollars should be used to kill babies. And just because they haven't been born doesn't mean that they are not living because they are. Nothing you type will change this fact.
You have your views and I have mine.
I will be ignoring this thread as not to keep derailing it.
Your tax dollars are not being used for abortions and 97% of Planned Parenthood funds are not used abortions, look up the Hyde Amendment.

What should I call conservative politicans passing states laws in conservative states other than "conservatives"? I know libtard is the perferred term for liberals on this site, what is it for people who have mainly conservative viewpoints?

I'm guessing when a formerly conservative state becomes more liberal you don't think the resulting change in laws and polices are "As it should be."

I get you, you want to punish all the sluts out there; I don't think it is germane to this conversation. Hypocrisy doesn't have anything to do with taking responsibility for your actions unless you didn't do it and then expected other to. Examples would be:
  1. Telling people they needed to pay back their debts when you didn't. This could be done through a bankrupty (or 6) or getting loans for yourself or family you know would be forgiven because you work in the goverment.
  2. Getting an abortion or influencing others to do so an then supporting a ban on it.

In my mind 1 case of pregnacy resulting from rape would be enough to warrant an exclusion in any abortion law. You find different numbers based on how rape or sexual assult is defined and if there are any attempt to estimate non-reported rapes but even the lowest numbers state there are over 100,000 rapes per year in the US. Even if all the women in the US were on birth control all the time 1 or 2 of those will result in a pregnancy. I don't see where I've ever referred to "90% of abortions" at all so I can't reply to that.
You haven't identified who, or even which state. Florida, Utah, and Texas are 3 red states with different laws and voters. You're lumping everyone together.

That's not what happened in Roe. You had something that legally didn't make sense to now something that gave states control over and issue that should be in fact a state issue. Do you think it's fair that even though the majority of California is red that the cities get to dictate far leftism control over everyone? That's why democracy is dumb.

I've paid/pay all my debts. That's why I can afford to do the things I do. Nor have I talked anyone into an abortion.

Germane? How is it responsibility and consequence not relevant? That's the problem with you "libtards." It's always someone else's fault.

You had not yet referred to rape. I just knew it was coming because that's always a leftist talking point. Ya'll come up with an exception and try to make it the rule, but it doesn't make up even close to the number of abortions that take place.

Your tax dollars are not being used for abortions and 97% of Planned Parenthood funds are not used abortions, look up the Hyde Amendment.
Planned parenthood is funded by Medicare, Medicaid, and CHIP payments…and hhs grants…where does that money come from…

Planned parenthood is funded by Medicare, Medicaid, and CHIP payments…and hhs grants…where does that money come from…
That money comes from the Federal government but they are getting that money for things other than performing abortions. Planned Parenthood does diffent things, abortions are just 3%.

What about the mans rights too the baby? If she doesnt want it she should give it up too him. Oh thats right he only has rights when he pays for it and a lot of times not even then. There is no law that stops abortions if its a medical issue. Its the im a whore bill. Pretty sure incest and rape is also available in these states.
That being said mtn lions are next too impossible too kill with out hounds. When Oregon stopped cat numbers went through the roof. California its been a problem for a long time. They already re introduced grizzlies up north of me and they dont have too re introduce wolfs there already here.

2 fact. Predators are going to kill prey. God is going to judge man. You can try and manipulate, justify and pretend, but in the end you are going to face reality. Man's manipulation and misinterpretation for whatever justification your mind can dream up will not change these facts. The loss of life by animal predation is nature, the termination of innocent human life is a crime against god. No comparison really.

You haven't identified who, or even which state. Florida, Utah, and Texas are 3 red states with different laws and voters. You're lumping everyone together.

That's not what happened in Roe. You had something that legally didn't make sense to now something that gave states control over and issue that should be in fact a state issue. Do you think it's fair that even though the majority of California is red that the cities get to dictate far leftism control over everyone? That's why democracy is dumb.

I've paid/pay all my debts. That's why I can afford to do the things I do. Nor have I talked anyone into an abortion.

Germane? How is it responsibility and consequence not relevant? That's the problem with you "libtards." It's always someone else's fault.

You had not yet referred to rape. I just knew it was coming because that's always a leftist talking point. Ya'll come up with an exception and try to make it the rule, but it doesn't make up even close to the number of abortions that take place.
Conservative=red, got it. I'm not sure what your point is, if it walks like a duck...

The post I replied to warned that liberals were going to start making bad medical laws superseding the authority of doctors because they thought they knew better than the doctors. I pointed out that had already happened in red states. I'm not arguing the validity of Roe right now so I don't know why you brought it up, please let me know.

Responsibility isn't relevent because these laws are effecting women who haven't been irresponsible, unless you think women who are raped or have complications during pregnancy are responsible for that.

I never said you didn't pay your debts or coerced anyone into getting an abortion. You asked why I didn't point out the hypocrisy of a woman having sex and getting an abortion. I said that didn't fit the definition of the word and gave two examples of hypocritical behavior.

I don't know how you have determined I don't take personal responsibility; I got an honorable discharge from the Army Reserve after 8 years of service with a tour in Iraq, paid my way through college while working as a tutor during school and construction during the summer ending with a mechanical engineer degree in 3.5 years (with some CC credits), worked as a mechanical engineer for 4 years, got laid off that job and worked as an MWD engineer for 2 years in the Bakken before coming back to the original company as a process engineer. I thought that took personal responsibility but I guess you know me better

How many women need to get pregnant after being raped to make an exception for it?

Conservative=red, got it. I'm not sure what your point is, if it walks like a duck...
The point was already made. Different voter constituents vote differently. Despite all being red.
We are still referring to your alleged ban non viable pregnancy.
The post I replied to warned that liberals were going to start making bad medical laws superseding the authority of doctors because they thought they knew better than the doctors. I pointed out that had already happened in red states. I'm not arguing the validity of Roe right now so I don't know why you brought it up, please let me know.
That "conservative" laws differ from state to state like I mentioned above. But it walks like a duck right? It was a stretched blanket statement, that had nothing to do with mountain lion attacks, and little to no evidence..despite blanketing "red states."
Responsibility isn't relevent because these laws are effecting women who haven't been irresponsible, unless you think women who are raped or have complications during pregnancy are responsible for that.
See? This is why I mentioned rape. This conversation always goes here. It doesn't affect rape victims because most of these states allow exception in these cases.
I never said you didn't pay your debts or coerced anyone into getting an abortion. You asked why I didn't point out the hypocrisy of a woman having sex and getting an abortion. I said that didn't fit the definition of the word and gave two examples of hypocritical behavior.

I don't know how you have determined I don't take personal responsibility; I got an honorable discharge from the Army Reserve after 8 years of service with a tour in Iraq, paid my way through college while working as a tutor during school and construction during the summer ending with a mechanical engineer degree in 3.5 years (with some CC credits), worked as a mechanical engineer for 4 years, got laid off that job and worked as an MWD engineer for 2 years in the Bakken before coming back to the original company as a process engineer. I thought that took personal responsibility but I guess you know me better
Because that's liberal thing to do. It's ok to take out a loan, but not pay it back.
It's ok to have sex but you catch a baby, all of a sudden it's the baby's fault.
Responsibility is 100% of the problem.

If it's not someone else's fault, it's the white mans fault. If theres no yt man to point the finger at, then it's the governments fault which is the yt man's fault. This is literally the liberal argument on every subject.

You sound like a reservist. What did you say? "If it walks like a duck"
How many women need to get pregnant after being raped to make an exception for it?
The majority…that's how rules vs exceptions work. That's just not the case, and many of these states allow for that exception. I don't know what you're arguing.
That money comes from the Federal government but they are getting that money for things other than performing abortions. Planned Parenthood does diffent things, abortions are just 3%.
No, they are loop holing. You said it's not funded by tax payer money…federal funds come from tax dollars.

Doesn't matter if it's 3% of function, that 3% is 100% tax funded..

If it's so low of a function, then why is it even an issue? And that would support my argument that the percentile of rape pregnancies extremely small.
You're making it seem like red states are just dogging their women left and right forcing women everywhere to carry out pregnancies in all circumstances.