Top powders for 270 and '06?

I always wanted to try as few powders as possible. I think you already have 1 too many on your list. The H4350 and H4831SC are the only ones I would want.

I think that is a valid and fair point. I have wanted to stay with the most accurate loads for the various bullets I plan to shoot, and these three (assuming RL22 and MRP are essentially the same) were the ones for the 270 and '06. Those bullets are the 130 BT and 150 ABLR for the 270 and the 190 ABLR for the '06. Bt I don't want to introduce analysis paralysis into my new-found hobby.

Now try those with those opowfer weights and I bet you will find a good enough is good enough load. I bought H4350 for my .270 thinking but would be better for the lighter bullets. Nope. H4831 was all I used with every bullet weight. Nothing else came close accuracy wise. Sort of like Varget and a .308. I've got 6 or 7 other powders with about 20 loads worth of powder missing. Then I have an 8 lbs keg of Varget. The others never get touched.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.