Too Frugal to shoot?

Logistically has reloading material and ammo been available? It slowed me down when I could not replace what I was using. The last few months things have been betting better at least in my neck of the woods.
The guys that come over have more than ample, and if not, they come up with ammo somewhere!

Maybe 2 reasons 1No ammunition In my area .270 and other deer ammo was available to buy 2 Almost all hunting private proerties are being posted. EVEN IF THEY ARE IN ROLLED IN CLEAN AND GREEN TO PAY REDUCED TAXES Clean and green enrolled properties are to allow publicaccess . A natural gas developer is and has been buying up thousands of acres AND THEN LEASING IT AT$ 20 AN ACRES TO OTHERS TO POST NO HUNTING , THE END OF HUNTING IS NEAR !!!!T

Maybe 2 reasons 1No ammunition In my area .270 and other deer ammo was available to buy 2 Almost all hunting private proerties are being posted. EVEN IF THEY ARE IN ROLLED IN CLEAN AND GREEN TO PAY REDUCED TAXES Clean and green enrolled properties are to allow publicaccess . A natural gas developer is and has been buying up thousands of acres AND THEN LEASING IT AT$ 20 AN ACRES TO OTHERS TO POST NO HUNTING , THE END OF HUNTING IS NEAR !!!!
I sure hope it's not the end of hunting, not too bad here yet!

It's great, if you can find a place to hunt, we locals have no problem.
Agreed. We used to hunt a family farm and would just give them a few hundred dollars and archery hunt a week and then a couple days in gun season to take a few does. And then they were given a offer to be leased and it was way over our budget. I don't blame them for taking the $$ but I sure miss it.
Public land is abundant but lots of hunting pressure, especially during gun.

Good. That was unreasonable. Nonresident hunters bring a boost to the local economy. I am sure most of us have friends and family that live out of state and would enjoy hunting with them. And those prices could be prohibitive.
I played the non resident Wy. point game for 30 yrs. Wy. and Az. are the biggest extortionist when it comes to the non res game. They make it a rich man's sport. Nev. , Ut. and Co. Come close.

Last edited: