To continue or start from scratch

Yea, I never thought about it or gave it much consideration until this thread. The lefty actions always threw me because of the bolt. Flip the bolt to right side and were in business. At least it sounds good for sake of conversation. There will be a learning curve involved, but that's Reloading and shooting, 101. Lol... I'm going over to John Whiddens shop this week and that's a question, several as a matter of fact that we will discus. Thanks for the info. It's got my brain storming.

From a bench there will be no learning curve, other than why didnt i do this sooner.
Get you an ambidexrtious stock with a donut size thumbhole so everybodys happy.
LOL, agreed on the learning curve. Hopefully I work out the embarrassing moments on my home range before taking it out in public. I have 2 rifles mounted in the Boyd's Varmint thumb hole stocks and as long as you do your part behind them and with the correct load, Their tack drivers. I'd recommend them to any one who is smart enough to drill a hole and insert the aluminum Pillars, glass them in, and bed the Barrel and Action. As far as the custom that I'm going to build I have something a little more hard core sexy in mind for it. It's purpose is for the next level of shooting, No factory stuff on this one. All custom.
"The colors did not come out on my Howa 1500 in these picks." On the Range, people are always coming over and commenting on it. Boyd's Stocks, call this color Pepper, I call it anything but.
HowaMosburgDale01EDITED.jpg
HowaMosburgDale02EDITED.jpg
HowaMosburgDaleEDITED03.jpg

Last edited:
Your right. Right Church, Wrong Pew. I meant to say, PILLARS. I'll have to go back and edit that. Thank you. Big difference in pillars and blocks. Another great place to buy the laminated stocks is at Stockysstocks.com . Their higher price and well worth it. If any one buys a stock from Boyds. I recommend you buy your Pillars at Stocky's. With their pillars you can get the correct drill bit to drill your holes, in your stock. It's no fun sanding down them little suckers down. Been there, done that. You can also get your bedding supplies there also.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.