tired of my 6.5 creedmoor

No need for high BCs for 500yds and under…I know this is the long range forum…there's also a real world out here. Punching game animals at ranges needing .650 BC bullets is rarer in the real world than this forum would have you believe.
Lotsa theory, forum bravado and poorly placed shots way out there.
257 Bob and 2506 are certain 1/2 moa killers out to 500 yds…and 500yds is a long shot for all of us.
Ummmmmm, not in MY world. The 115g Berger is good for taking game beyond 500, other than the 257AI +P I use, I also have a few 25-06's and a 257 Weatherby…YMMV.

Cheers.

Speaking of the 6.5 Creedmoor…
I've had a Factory Rem 700 Gen 2 5R in 6.5 Creedmoor since they were introduced and always thought about rebarreling to something else.
I've shot it occasionally with ammo that was loaded for other Creedmoor rifles and it's always shot pretty good.
Well… yesterday I pulled it out of the back of the safe and decided to finish a load for it to see its full potential. My first try shot well with these less expensive Hornady 140 HPBT seated 20k off and fit the mag perfectly.

After it shot this I decided the barrel will stay on.
It shoots as good as my other factory 308 PSS.

This is the final load in a 3 shot group.
Could have shot more into the group but would have only wasted components and made a little bigger hole! 😁

Attachments

• IMG_4738.jpeg
    IMG_4738.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
For predators the 243 or 243AI might be in your wheel house. The 6 creed is good I hear. You have all the brass to fireform or neck down everything you currently have.
Good luck with your choices.

looking to rebarrel it in either 243ackley 6mm credmoor 257 ackley or plain 243 mainly predators up to javelina have lots of brass in 243 6.5 creed and 257 any recomidations
I have an older Ruger 77 short action, been thinking about the .243 Ackley. From everything that I have read they are extremely accurate and easy to develop loads for.