Timberline pants

Those are PRICEY!
I recommend you look at Duluth Trading (online) and their "Dry on the Fly" nylon cargo pants. Lots of features and excellent quality.

I have 3 pair of them:
1. Light weight
2. medium weight
3. fleece lined medium weight

All are high quality, tough and great for different seasons and very comfortable. The fleece lined cargo pants are very warm for even sub-zero temperatures over medium weight polyester long johns.

Eric B.
P.S. the Norwegian Fjallraven company has lots of outdoor pants as does RailRiders but both are a lot more money than Duluth Trading. IMHO DT is the equal in quality to RailRiders.

Last edited:
I hunt in them in the 70-75 range and they were very comfortable. I have not been in warmer then that weather but I wouldnt hesitate, they are not hot by any means.

I am assuming Sitka, if wrong disregard

I have used them in weather up to around 70. They were comfortable, would think that they would still be good at warmer temps. Have used the mountain pants in temps in the 80 degree range with no problems. Don't know if this helps, good luck.

Thanks guys. I decided for a stupid good price new I couldn't help it and got some. Usually snowing during October deer seasons. I shouldn't have a problem.

I used them this year during October in Idaho for elk. I like them. They are probably not something I would wear in 75+ degree weather, but they breathe decently well. I pulled the kneepads because I found them annoying (I also own the mountain pants and did the same thing), but the reinforced material on the knees and back are nice as I am constantly grinding them through rough areas. They have taken a beating so far and I haven't noticed anything falling apart or any holes yet. I like that the side hip pockets have a zipper whereas the mountain pants do not. They aren't the lightest pants, but I am pretty sure the purpose was to be more rugged, which has so far panned out to be true. The target time for when I use these pants is October or later in the mountains when the temperature is below 60.

I used them this year during October in Idaho for elk. I like them. They are probably not something I would wear in 75+ degree weather, but they breathe decently well. I pulled the kneepads because I found them annoying (I also own the mountain pants and did the same thing), but the reinforced material on the knees and back are nice as I am constantly grinding them through rough areas. They have taken a beating so far and I haven't noticed anything falling apart or any holes yet. I like that the side hip pockets have a zipper whereas the mountain pants do not. They aren't the lightest pants, but I am pretty sure the purpose was to be more rugged, which has so far panned out to be true. The target time for when I use these pants is October or later in the mountains when the temperature is below 60.

Perfext! I own the mountain pants in subalpine and the timberline in open country. That's really good to hear!

Very impressive pants. I have put mine through hell for 3yrs now. Only holes are from crossing barbed wire fences. I would say I have over 100 days in them. I do know they are not as water repellant as new but that can be expected. I have worn them in 70 degree weather. About my high limit. With heavy weight first lite base layer I comfortably
wore them to -20. I would recommend them to anyone. I am going to purchase another pair this year for upcoming season.

Care to share where the crazy deal is at?

Adam

Very impressive pants. I have put mine through hell for 3yrs now. Only holes are from crossing barbed wire fences. I would say I have over 100 days in them. I do know they are not as water repellant as new but that can be expected. I have worn them in 70 degree weather. About my high limit. With heavy weight first lite base layer I comfortably
wore them to -20. I would recommend them to anyone. I am going to purchase another pair this year for upcoming season.

Care to share where the crazy deal is at?

Adam

I worked at an outdoor retail store as a part time job (fun job) they had to cut hours so my last week there I went on a HUGE shopping spree lol

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.