Pants advice

older thread, but side zippers is the way to go. A few of us here were talking about that on another similar thread.
IMG_2674.jpeg

I recently got a pair of Born Primitive Frontier Lite pants, really liking them so far. They have a much better cut than the Kuiu Attack pant, IMO. I like the material on the Attack's , but the back pocket layout sucks. Way too low...they are quiet though....I wish they could refine the cut and fit.

I purchased a set of the Born Primitive pants. I have worn them a lot and they seem bullet proof. Comfortable, well laid out. Only drawback is that I find them quite noisy. Just walking around and they make noise.

Really like the Prana Zion and EB First Ascent.
Wear in town and the mountains.

Yeah I mentioned Prana Zion b4, a buddy turned me onto them. I do love mine, I bought mine on one of the REI sales and got them for $35 or so. Great pant, I wore them on a sheep hunt this fall.

I'm glad this thread came back to life. I'm in a similar situation trying to decide which route to go. I know it's stupid but I like a full matching set and the browning speed gear I have now was discontinued so I can't complete the set. That is my fear with Sitka's older patterns like the open country stuff.

I'm glad this thread came back to life. I'm in a similar situation trying to decide which route to go. I know it's stupid but I like a full matching set and the browning speed gear I have now was discontinued so I can't complete the set. That is my fear with Sitka's older patterns like the open country stuff.
I don't think I'd worry too much about Sitka removing a pattern. They've pretty much had the same stuff for a while. Honestly, I've moved over to almost all solids and don't regret that one bit. I'm not too worried about things matching. I liked the Sitka Intercepts quite a bit. The 206s from SG are really nice too but noisier, they're also a lot lighter weight and cooler.

Have any of you tried these? ATG by Wrangler Men's Synthetic Utility Pant. I hunt, hike, work in the yard in them, and love them. I have a pair of KUIU attack pants that I received as a gift, but I don't wear them. They seem pretty expensive for hunting in W. OK. Also, I wore the Wrangler pants on a hike in the Grand Canyon. Some of my companions wore KUIU pants. I did not feel I was at a disadvantage at all. While we were there the rim received over 8 inches of snow. I use wool under them in the fall. And in the winter I switch to my wool hunting pants. As long as Wrangler keeps making them I will keep buying them.

Have any of you tried these? ATG by Wrangler Men's Synthetic Utility Pant. I hunt, hike, work in the yard in them, and love them. I have a pair of KUIU attack pants that I received as a gift, but I don't wear them. They seem pretty expensive for hunting in W. OK. Also, I wore the Wrangler pants on a hike in the Grand Canyon. Some of my companions wore KUIU pants. I did not feel I was at a disadvantage at all. While we were there the rim received over 8 inches of snow. I use wool under them in the fall. And in the winter I switch to my wool hunting pants. As long as Wrangler keeps making them I will keep buying them.
I use them for general hiking. They are very breathable. A little to light and thin for all conditions in my case, and lack certain utility I tend to like, but pretty good in summer time imo.

I use them for general hiking. They are very breathable. A little to light and thin for all conditions in my case, and lack certain utility I tend to like, but pretty good in summer time imo.
Yeah, they may not be rugged enough for the mountains. Out here the worst thing on pants is mesquite thorns and barbed wire. They make a lined version also if a guy needs insulation. They are pretty much my go-to hunting pants until it gets really cold (really cold down is 35 or below. I rarely ever hunt in conditions below 20 degrees.