Tikka

I own a couple of Tikka's. They have been great rifles. As far as caliber I would stick with your plan of the 300wm. Put a limbsaver recoil pad on and a good muzzle brake and it will feel like shooting your 308. I use Holland QD brakes on my rifles and have been very happy. As for bullets the Tikka does limit you to how far you can seat out some of the heavy grain bullets. Good luck with your decision!

I bet the seating depth in most calibers is short like burton mentioned but that is not always the case.

my T3 6.5x55 is thoated so deep I can only touch the rifling with 160gr roundnose and it only goes 1/2 way in the case neck! probably just caliber specific to the 6.5x55

James

I've got a Tikka 7mm rm with factory synthetic stock I was moa or a little under. I bought a boyds thumbhole for it and worked up handloads with berger 168 gr bullets I am shooting .321 group at 100 yards. At 500 yards with factory hornady 162 sst superformance i was shooting .5 MOA. Havent taken handloads that far yet but tikkas are very nice shooting rifles and amazing accuracy. Heres a couple pictures of my 7mm and the 3 shot group. I also have a clamp on muzzle brake for it and it works wonders and a dream to shoot all day with.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-28-21-30-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-28-21-30-27.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_2016-03-28-21-27-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-28-21-27-36.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 65
I've got a Tikka 7mm rm with factory synthetic stock I was moa or a little under. I bought a boyds thumbhole for it and worked up handloads with berger 168 gr bullets I am shooting .321 group at 100 yards. At 500 yards with factory hornady 162 sst superformance i was shooting .5 MOA. Havent taken handloads that far yet but tikkas are very nice shooting rifles and amazing accuracy. Heres a couple pictures of my 7mm and the 3 shot group. I also have a clamp on muzzle brake for it and it works wonders and a dream to shoot all day with.

Great groups! Thanks for sharing.

LRShooter7mm,
You're not supposed to post groups like that, only custom guns are allowed to shoot that well… LOL

The 130gr Berger VLD shoot about as well in my Tikka 6.5x55 but so does just about anything I feed it!
James

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.