Help on Tikka build

copper still

I've descide to buy a Tikka for a build and I could use some insight about what to do.
I'm looking into getting a 6.5 CM SS CTR or a super varmint as a base and then putting it into something like the KRG X-Ray Chassis.
I think initially I will not change the trigger and then get a modest optic.
I only have access to a 600 yard range.
I need help understanding how going with the KRG chassis is going to affect what I need to use for magazines.
I see that the Super Varmint has a smaller capacity magazine than the CRT(this may be moot after I switch)
I also want to make sure that I am not going to have trouble with COAL issues going forward.
The 1 lb difference between the two stock rifles doesn't mater to me I intend to use the rifle to practice at the range more than hunt with it.
Any insight would be very helpful.
Thanks

KRG Chassis use AICS magazines, it won't matter what magazine the donor rifle started out using.
Does that mean that I need to change out the bottom metal on donor tikka or does the KRG chassis not need bottom metal as its integrated into the chassis? [Never mind I found the info that states they do.]

KRG Chassis use AICS magazines, it won't matter what magazine the donor rifle started out using.
So the
I've descide to buy a Tikka for a build and I could use some insight about what to do.
I'm looking into getting a 6.5 CM SS CTR or a super varmint as a base and then putting it into something like the KRG X-Ray Chassis.
I need help understanding how going with the KRG chassis is going to affect what I need to use for magazines.
I see that the Super Varmint has a smaller capacity magazine than the CRT(this may be moot after I switch)
I also want to make sure that I am not going to have trouble with COAL issues going forward.
The 1 lb difference between the two stock rifles doesn't mater to me I intend to use the rifle to practice at the range more than hunt with it.
Thanks
Has anyone used a Super Varmint as a donor rifle vs a CRT and have any thoughts on pros and cons of using either?

Thanks
I've only ever purchased 3-9 scopes. What are good starter target scopes that aren't going to cost an arm and a leg?

I've only ever purchased 3-9 scopes. What are good starter target scopes that aren't going to cost an arm and a leg?
Leupold VX5 HD 3-15x44 is a great scope. Also a Zeiss V4 4-16 would be another good choice

Also dont be afraid to grab one off of the classifieds here. These guys sell some great used scopes that are like new.

If it were me, I would just buy a stock T3X Lite and then send it off to be threaded, rather than spending the extra $$ on the CTR or varmint.

It will end up being cheaper overall. Use the extra $$ to get better options on the chassis or glass.
I would go this route only if it was used and I was going to spin the barrel off. The T3X Lite barrels are pretty light for target use.

You could buy a t3x lt and have preferred barrels change out the barrel just how you want it cheaper than using a super varmint. Also the super varmint has a 2 stage trigger. I don't care for it as much as their single stage.
I did use a super var. and a T3x Lt.as a donners and the T3x Lt. is the way to go.

Krg chassis have their own integral bottom metal, go with the aics mags

Ctr is a nice do it all profile, and it goes well in an X-ray. My buddy is getting into more general lr shooting and that's the exactly setup I got him to go with.

For a scope I'd look at Swfa 5-20hd, trigicon tenmile, anything from nightforce. I'm a bit more conservative on glass and prefer durability increases over "features". Imo a used Swfa 5-20 is far and away the best deal In optics

Unless KRG has changed, you have the option to go CTR magazines or AICS (if you have a CTR). If you go with the super varmint, I believe it's just AICS.

My Tikka 223 CTR in a KRG Bravo is one of my favorite rifles. It just plain shoots. You can do a cheap trigger spring mod for $10 and have an even better trigger than factory.

Snapseed.jpeg

T3x lite 6.5 creed barrels can shoot really darn well. Get a good scope, that's way more important than a chassis. Think nightforce, swfa, s&b or trijicon.

Recent groups from my cut and threaded t3x lite stainless with a 5-20 swfa.

Ballistic-X-Export-2024-02-18 18_36_28.850740.jpgBallistic-X-Export-2024-02-18 18_45_36.291430.jpgBallistic-X-Export-2024-02-18 18_34_46.150668.jpg

I have a CTR in 6.5ManBun,
Wife has one too.
We didn't shoot them in the factory stocks, put them in McRee chassis and they shot great.
I didnt care for the ergonomics of the McRee chassis with the AR pistol grip, put mine back in the factory stock. Shoots just as well in the cheap plastic factory stock.
The McRee chassis uses AI mags. (You can order it to accommodate either the factory CTR mags or AI mags). I don't care for AI mags, I like the CTR mags much better. 10 rounds in roughly same size mag as AI 5 rounder, much easier to load and feeds much more smoothly.
Wife's only complaint about the McRee chassis is that it uses AI mags. She has a SAKO TRG that uses basically the same mags as the CTR and has always liked the SAKO/Tikka mags better than the AI mags as well.
If you did a KRG stock/ chassis it is also available set up to accommodate either AI or factory CTR mags as well, I would roll with the CTR mags, and I have been thinking about ordering a KRG Bravo.

Recent Posts