Custom tikka build

ibchez

I am building my first custom rifle. I ordered a carbon six barrel a few weeks back. Im in the process of researching stocks and bottom metal. I think I have it narrowed down to an iota eko, mesa altitude, mcmillan game warden or boyds at one. Does anyone have any experience with install fit, action and bottom metal (I know the boyds will need some work pillars, bedding, barrel channel etc). The boyds would put me at the top of my range for weight. Any insight to those manufacturers with the tikka action would be appreciated.

I have the Mesa and run factory bottom metal. I had to remove some material to get the bottom metal to go in. Nothing major. I like the stock thus far. Only 35 rounds on that rifle though.

I have the Mesa and run factory bottom metal. I had to remove some material to get the bottom metal to go in. Nothing major. I like the stock thus far. Only 35 rounds on that rifle though.
Thanks for reply. How much material did you have to remove? Did you do it or a smith?

I have a custom tikka in a mesa precision, Mountain Tactical bottom metal. No issues. Bolted together like factory.