Help on Tikka build

Thanks everyone your advise have been very useful and made me change what I initially thought I was going to buy.
I made my purchases.
Tikka CTR SS 24" 6.5CM
KRG Bravo Chassis s/u for CTR mags
Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44 (FFP) MRAD

Now I need to find Scope Rings that don't cost and arm and a leg, the right Bipod, and where I can find additional CTR mags( I want one more 10 and a 5)

Thanks everyone your advise have been very useful and made me change what I initially thought I was going to buy.
I made my purchases.
Tikka CTR SS 24" 6.5CM

Now I need to find Scope Rings that don't cost and arm and a leg, the right Bipod, and where I can find additional CTR mags( I want one more 10 and a 5)
Please show us how it turned out. I'm curious about the KRG bravo for mine.

I made my purchases.
Tikka CTR SS 24" 6.5CM

I don't know that there is a 5 round CTR mag, unless there are special California ones or something.
Used to be alot of CTR mags on Gunbroker cheap, not sure these days.

I made my purchases.
Tikka CTR SS 24" 6.5CM

Nailed it!

Check out family firearms

I made my purchases.
Tikka CTR SS 24" 6.5CM

I am not sure what you consider "an arm and a leg", but my personal recommendation for Tikka rings are these: https://www.unknownmunitions.com/product/um-tikka-rings/

They come with threaded and non-threaded recoil pins for use in any of the holes on the receiver (both front and back). Also, since you don't have to deal with a rail, you can get your scope mounted nice and low.

If you want to go with something that has some built in elevation, the SRS 20MOA rail is the way to go. https://www.salmonriversolutions.com/product/srs-tikka-t3x-scope-rail-20-moa/

The ctr rail comes with a pic rail that is epoxied/glued on by tikka.

Unless you need the 20 moa and don't want to do it with a mount it is a solid rail that is not going to move on you. If you do, it can be a real pain to remove.

The ctr rail comes with a pic rail that is epoxied/glued on by tikka.

Unless you need the 20 moa and don't want to do it with a mount it is a solid rail that is not going to move on you. If you do, it can be a real pain to remove.
I think I need something that attaches to the pic rail and I don't intend to change it. I live on the East Coast and I don't need anything past 800 yards really

Unless KRG has changed, you have the option to go CTR magazines or AICS (if you have a CTR). If you go with the super varmint, I believe it's just AICS.

My Tikka 223 CTR in a KRG Bravo is one of my favorite rifles. It just plain shoots. You can do a cheap trigger spring mod for $10 and have an even better trigger than factory.

View attachment 547983
what is the bipod you have on this rifle?

That appears to be an atlas bt10 lw17 Great bipod, I love mine
EB0ECB6D-CBAD-45D0-830A-A9DB1E752A80.jpeg
572139AC-0C8C-47C8-8BC8-E39AD0FA8300.jpeg

Regarding the CTR rail, it's pretty easy to remove. Heat gun or hair dryer and the glue releases.
Yep. I removed the 0 MOA rail from a SAKO TRG a few years back and that had some SERIOUS glue, not just the base but the screws as well. Had to heat each screw with a pencil torch *really* hot, and mangled every one of them getting them out.

I was expecting a similar ordeal with the CTR, but just a gentle heat with the torch and the screws came right out.

Got a nice 20MOA rail from Mountain Tactical for a great price. Sometimes they have blems for even less. Anything I have gets blem'd as soon as I use it anyway, haha.

I made my purchases.
Tikka CTR SS 24" 6.5CM

robert-redford-jeremiah-johnson.gif

Well played. Love those CTR mags!

Thats goona be a solid setup, be sure to decrease all fasteners and assemble with a torque driver.

Wet vs dry threads is a topic of some debate. Not a universal requirement, but I have found some advantages to sealing threads, especially in severe conditions. These days I am liking the purple permatex threadlocker - seals threads to moisture and corrosion but doesnt harden up - makes it easy to remove fasteners without stripping them.