Tikka T3x stock bedding

songdog204

I have a Tikka T3X varmint stock that I am wanting to bed. I am wanting some input from others who have bedded the factory synthetic stock. I've bedded other actions but the Tikka recoil lug has got me a little confused. I know most are going to say google it but everything I find is for bedding a wooden stock. I am pretty confident I can do it but was hoping people had some pictures or tips about how they went about it. Thanks
image0.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg

I am looking to do mine also. Nathan Foster at Terminal Ballistics has videos that can be rented on bedding a Tikka. Have not seen them though. I also have an article from another forum that shows how a gent did his if I can find where I save it.
I also have the titanium recoil lug and pillar kit for when I do mine.

Little update for those who were curious. Not the prettiest but seems like it should do. A couple things I noticed, getting the air bubbles out of the voids that needs filled in is a little harder than I expected, You can definitely tell where I didn't have the air bubbles out. Second, if you dont have an extremely rough surface for the bedding compound to adhere to, it chips off with little effort. Everywhere else it seems to have a good hold.
IMG_2290[2023].jpg
IMG_2287[2019].jpg
IMG_2288[2021].jpg

When I did mine I prefilled those voids with casting resin. Same with the voids in the forestock. Adds a little weight but reduces flexing and makes it more stable.

Grind that out and try again, it's going to crack apart on you. Plus you need a slight air gap on top of the recoil lug to prevent flexing the action when you torque it down, and you want smooth material everywhere. Getting you recoil lug out will be a pain, drill a bunch of small holes in front and behind, then use a wide chisel to break it loose. Don't drill into the lug though.

I did a very through job showing all my tikka stock mods including free float and beddingb right here: