Best current stock replacement for Tikka T3x

Thank you for all the replies, initially I would have been between the altitude and the alpine hunter until the issue of recoil management was posted. The GRS is not quite what I had in mind. The Raven is interesting but about $934 US. The MCS-EH1 is a possibility but I am worried the wrist may be too fat and the grip angle steeper than I'm used to. With all the responses in mind, I am currently between the Stockys Next Gen Ultra Carbon Hunter in either Viper Western or Strata camouflage or a factory Tikka Ember stock (even though the Ember is for the D18 barrel contour).

If you have not shot a vertical grip stock, I recommend you get one and try it. For those that complain about the wrist being too fat, when you are shooting, you are not wrapping your thumb around the top and "gripping" the stock. You are resting your thumb on top and wrapping your other three fingers around the front. This allows you to apply steady backwards pressure without torquing the stock due to having your wrist "rolled over" That hand position also allows for straighter pull on your trigger finger.

Hi all, I'm reaching out for opinions on what is the current best replacement aftermarket stock to replace the factory plastic stock with on the Tikka T3x superlight. Any personal experiences with fit, finish and feel of the offerings available in 2024. I would like to keep suggestions to a standard type drop-in stock to keep the rifle as a mountain type big game hunting rifle arrangement. I have read older posts with mixed reviews of the various manufacturers. Also, whether the recoil lug is kept as factory designed or if it is a molded in integral design. Thank you
If you are talking big game, I assume you have a large caliber, the likes of 30-06 or 300 win mag. You have a T3x Superlight, that means in the current configuration it will kick real hard (I have 10+ years experience, when I was younger, with a 300 win mag T3x lite in factory config, and it was painful). Plus, you'll have a very hard time control flinch and staying on target due to harsh recoil. So, a logic answer would be to add a bit more weight (not too much, or you'll cuss going long hikes uphill...)
I have excellent experience with MDT chassis types, from the cheaper Oryx to LSS. HNT (carbon) is extremely light and amazingly useful, but only if you are OK with the recoil (HNT is even lighter than the factory stock). All MDT stocks come with quality recoil lugs, at tighter tolerances than the factory ones. All MDT stocks (different types) improved my Tikka's clearly, and I have quite a bunch of them, in many calibers. I don't think you would regret using the type you like - even better, you can call Josh from MDT (CS), tell him what you are looking for, and he will take the time to listen and give you a very good advice on what to choose.

Most end up at 17 with studs or QD's and bottom metal etc, or just bare?

Negative comb, vertical grip, really light. I'm intrigued.
Most use a 1" pad and two to 3 studs with lengths of pull around 13.5"

My vote is for a McMillan Sako Hunter. especially since I have a custom built Tikka T3X from Alamo Precision.
I am steel barrel guy, have had some weird incidents w/CF barrels. My build has a #4 Brux barrel , no problem in the stock.
13-3/4" LOP, bedded & recoil lug and BM from Mountain tactical as well. Fit & finish is excellent.

I came across these WOOX stocks awhile back. Very nice work but I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet (pun intended). I don't have any personal experience with them but they are on my bucket list. They have 'mild to wild'.

1704812844637.png