Best current stock replacement for Tikka T3x

Bear bones with no hardware and shorter length of pull can get down to 15 oz. Most stocks we make end up closer to 17 oz with options.

Our stocks have a lot of the features mentioned above as well plus more compatability with Arca rails
Lots of good suggestions here.
Most end up at 17 with studs or QD's and bottom metal etc, or just bare?

Negative comb, vertical grip, really light. I'm intrigued.

I would see how the rifle shoots before I would consider buying an aftermarket stock which may look better , but do nothing accuracy wise . That said ,my favorite aftermarket is a McMillan Sako Hunter with the lite fill. The truth is most Tikka factory stocks are under 2 pounds and are very comfortable. You can always spend the stock money on a better scope.JMHO,Huntz

I would see how the rifle shoots before I would consider buying an aftermarket stock which may look better , but do nothing accuracy wise . That said ,my favorite aftermarket is a McMillan Sako Hunter with the lite fill. The truth is most Tikka factory stocks are under 2 pounds and are very comfortable. You can always spend the stock money on a better scope.JMHO,Huntz
Probably would not shoot better at 100 yards..but depending on the goals my alterras facilitate much better shooting at distance purely from ergonomics and recoil impulse. But yeah if not shooting much at long distance it's mostly cosmetic (nothing wrong with that!). I actually love how the factory stock feels in the hand, I have a t3 30-06 which is my first centerfire rifle and stays in the factory stock which gets a notch for every big game animal 😀 I feel like I'm cheating on her every time I take one of my other rifles but she still comes out of the safe a few times per season
BB2AF1FA-5D17-4302-8ADF-0A659DFB56A7.jpeg

Manners … if you don't mind the looong wait. Tom Manners has stood behind his work! Less time is a McMillan custom order. Much less time is their "spec stocks" in their online store, but availability varies. Alternatively, buy a Tikka Super Varmint! Of course with Manners and McMillan is bedding.

I am a major Tikka Super Varmint fan, and have numerous gunsmith- and personally pillar-bedded rifles. The Tikka is the short-cut to precision and accuracy.

Last edited:
Agree with this ^^^
I ADD, a "Home Made" ( YouTube ) Kydex Cheek riser, an Ernie the gunsmith or, Elay Precision, Trigger Spring and, a LimbSaver Recoil Pad,.. DONE
All for, Under $100,.. each, on 4, Tikka's, in our Family.
Groups, depending on Cartridge from, high .2's ( .243 Win with 87 gr Bergers ) to, Sub, 3/4 MOA for, the WORST One ( my, .270 WSM ! ).
LOVE, My New 6.5 Creedmoor, TIKKA, T-3 ( easily, Sub 1/2 MOA with, 130 gr. ELD-M's )

Last edited:
My son just put, a 24" Proof Barrel, on his Tikka T-3 in 7 PRC and is looking at, the Stocky's VG Hunter, because, the Barrel channel on his Tikka Stock, is NOW, too Thin, after making the Barrel "Fit" and has too MUCH, "Flex" to use a Bipod,.. very well.

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm reaching out for opinions on what is the current best replacement aftermarket stock to replace the factory plastic stock with on the Tikka T3x superlight. Any personal experiences with fit, finish and feel of the offerings available in 2024. I would like to keep suggestions to a standard type drop-in stock to keep the rifle as a mountain type big game hunting rifle arrangement. I have read older posts with mixed reviews of the various manufacturers. Also, whether the recoil lug is kept as factory designed or if it is a molded in integral design. Thank you
I don't have a Tikka, I have Sako's. That said, I think the BEST custom hunting rifle setup comes from ALLTERRA ARMS. They make a carbon fiber replacement stock for TIKKA. If I had a Tikka and wanted a replacement stock I would definitely check out their offering. Allterra arms does it right.

Bringing in the PSE Composite stock range. The new Evolution for T3/T1 will follow this spring. Possibly the lightest fully adjustable stock.
edi

Probably would not shoot better at 100 yards..but depending on the goals my alterras facilitate much better shooting at distance purely from ergonomics and recoil impulse. But yeah if not shooting much at long distance it's mostly cosmetic (nothing wrong with that!). I actually love how the factory stock feels in the hand, I have a t3 30-06 which is my first centerfire rifle and stays in the factory stock which gets a notch for every big game animal 😀 I feel like I'm cheating on her every time I take one of my other rifles but she still comes out of the safe a few times per season
View attachment 529350

Thank you for all the replies, initially I would have been between the altitude and the alpine hunter until the issue of recoil management was posted. The GRS is not quite what I had in mind. The Raven is interesting but about $934 US. The MCS-EH1 is a possibility but I am worried the wrist may be too fat and the grip angle steeper than I'm used to. With all the responses in mind, I am currently between the Stockys Next Gen Ultra Carbon Hunter in either Viper Western or Strata camouflage or a factory Tikka Ember stock (even though the Ember is for the D18 barrel contour).