Thread Hi-Jacking: Personal Assaults Becoming Norm?

Muddyboots

LRH brethren, we ALL have strong passionate personal opinions on virtually everything but seems to be deepest in shooting sports. What I find discouraging to read is the constant hi-jacking of just about any topic turning into chest thumping verbal assaults on each other.

I joined LRH because it was different from other sites. I got tired of dealing with "Oh yeah" attitudes on other sites.

I was impressed with the technological discussions on LRH from which an old dog like me learned quite a bit.

Recently, I am trying to understand what has changed here on LRH? Why are there so many combative threads now instead of just a good technical discussion? It just seems no discussion can occur without complete assault by someone at some point.

How about the basic concept "we can agree to disagree" without dropping into the gutter? I am a AAA personality and I know it. I don't need validation of my opinion but holy cow, it seems it is throw down gauntlet these days to get validation.

I can roll in the mud with the worse but I come here for information, camaraderie, learn, share, meet new friends. This is becoming more difficult to do so.

So I hope any postings to this thread does not become complete validation to my observations with a personal assault upon anyone.

How difficult can it be to have a thoughtful constructive technical discussion?

Muddy,

Fear not. We appreciate what you bring and most here are great guys willing to share without judgement.

I type more than I post because it isn't relative or just anecdotal but I hope no one ever takes it the wrong way. If they do then there is the ignore button for me!

Good thread.

Agreed but................the internet does not have voice inflection or a sarcastic smile or other tells that we can see face to face. Yes there is some over the top crap that needs to be addressed. Me? I just keep on scrolling!

Muddy, I appreciate your posts and your good humor a great deal.

Consider that perhaps this emotional and tribal behavior is actually a symptom of a greater problem, not just within LRH, but within the digital world.

The way I see it, it's almost like some kind of mind virus is wiping out critical thinking skills everywhere

It might be too much to ask all users to educate themselves on how to spot Logical Fallacies, but it does seem to work for a couple of smaller discussion forums I participate in.

https://www.logicalfallacies.org/

What do you think?