Thread Hi-Jacking: Personal Assaults Becoming Norm?

Many of you are probably wondering if I have dementia bringing this up on LRH. Maybe so.

Not at all. I think we all get tired of the BS attacks, you aren't the only one. And then unfortunately we have to use the ignore button.

I get it when @FEENIX is asking to keep the thread on topic, because it easily gets derailed and ends up being about something else.

Why someone cannot simply comply with his request to keep "HIS" thread on track blows my mind. Instead he gets attacked for it. If it bothers them so much they should just open their own thread.

The ignore function is the most wonderful feature of forums these days. I haven't seen anything childish in at least a week on here.

There are nearly 120,000 members. I have 74 people on ignore, and growing. Anytime I see someone post something ridiculous and childish, I put them on ignore. Even when I'm not involved in the thread. This place is amazing now. It's always astonishing to me how few disruptors it takes to cause massive problems in a social space. It's always the same people, every single day. It's like a cancer. Cut the cancer out, and everything goes back to normal.
I'm at 72 on the ignored list. Just added 2 more on a recent thread. A real shame that the old phrase " With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone" is proving to be true.

the ignore button might be part of the problem, it allows people to reinforce in their own mind that their opinion is the only one that matters and if anybody challenges it, they feel all impowered by using the ignore button instead of just moving on, they just keep going from tread to tread sometimes derailing or just causing conflict because they feel safe in the fact their opinion is always right.

I personally will not put a person on ignore, I refuse to be so sensitive that I can't read something on the Internet and need to scoot to a safe space, this is not how productive conversations happen as we can see in the world as a whole!!
Most threads where I've been about ready to fully freak out, just rebooting the conversation and trying to communicate better and there are opportunities to learn and have something productive but many times the good stuff is buried in the crap storm of miscommunication and ignoring.
There seems to be some might big axes getting ground on here and I can't for the life of me figure it out and it's like a big turd in the forum!! I can't figure out if it was a personal thing, jealousy, just don't have anything better to do I don't know but it's quite disheartening!!

If we need an ignore button and have that many on the list there is an issue.
Correct, maybe its the the people ignoring that many that need the hammer?

Attachments

• DD97D134-277B-4466-A727-F48E69E799DB.jpeg
    DD97D134-277B-4466-A727-F48E69E799DB.jpeg
    20.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Correct, maybe its the the people ignoring that many that need the hammer?

Amen.
No I don't think that's the issue. The peole that are igoring is on a case by case basis. In general I think they are just protecting themselves from the the manipulation and negativity. I personally haven't ignored anyone that I remember. But I am getting up in the years lol.

Well I would like to Thank all the members for there help getting myself to where I'm at today in Shooting !
Hands down this is my favorite place !

I was scolded once by Len ...heck yes it hurt . I'm not that type to bash or bully on here . I posted on a sale item that was out of control . I dont do that anymore !

Anyway my thoughts are I hope we can keep this Forum going strong !

I have had my Heath issues but lots better now ! Looking forward to posting more hard learned info for everyone to learn from !

Thanks Muddy for posting this up !

Rum Man

No I don't think that's the issue. The peole that are igoring is on a case by case basis. In general I think they are just protecting themselves from the the manipulation and negativity. I personally haven't ignored anyone that I remember. But I am getting up in the years lol.
Personally as a Christian,I don't allow myself too be easily offended if someone disagrees or has a sly remark I try too back up my statement with facts not my opinion then move on , I will stand up for what I think is right but will humbly apologize if proven wrong . I haven't ignored anyone , too me that wood seem counter productive . Some posters on LRH seem too stick together on there different opinions regardless of the facts and then complain about others , that's just the way it is in real life . If I'm reading something I don't like I move on too the next poster , then see what he has too say on the next topic . That works for me. Everyone have a nice evening.

Recent Posts