Thoughts on savage axis vs browning abolt 3 270 win

Two different local individuals have an Axis and ab3 that can be had for ~500. I'm only getting one, so trying get some advice as I'm dabbing more into the bolt-action world. Thanks
I hate to say this if the Walmart in your area has guns they are usually the cheapest for a savage. The other thing is a lot of people make cheap food for some of the savage short coming.
Screenshot_20230924-220823.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230924-220816.png
    Screenshot_20230924-220816.png
    312.7 KB · Views: 16
This is the one I built my granddaughter it's got the boys at One stock in it I have about $550 into this gun
Yeah, I've been eyeing they Boyds if I get it(heavier stock to absorb some recoil) . My only concern is I don't know how laminate holds up through the elements/over time. It's pressed/glued together wooden layers so I don't know if they peel, slpit, seperate etc...

Yeah, I've been eyeing they Boyds if I get it(heavier stock to absorb some recoil) . My only concern is I don't know how laminate holds up through the elements/over time. It's pressed/glued together wooden layers so I don't know if they peel, slpit, seperate etc...
The Laminate stocks are tough as nails, nothing to worry abput

I am amazed that people are picking a Axis over a browning 😳
Is the browning that bad?? I have talked pretty bad about the Axis ever since they came out, two different people I know have gone through 7 of them with all kinds of problems

So you decide, there are 19 positive posts about Savage, 1 negative. I'll throw in another positive. I have 3 savages in the safe and all are shooters. 1 wears a Shaw barrel, but the original shot under 3/4 inch at 100 yards.
Not at all. I just have never seen a good one yet 🤷🏼‍♂️
Of course I have never put my hands on the particular browning either so I have no idea what those are like

Is the browning that bad?? I have talked pretty bad about the Axis ever since they came out, two different people I know have gone through 7 of them with all kinds of problems
I don`t know, but have seen any number of them at the range getting ready for deer season. At least there, the guys that shoot them seem to like them. They flat put metal on target.

IF he's speaking from first hand experience about Savage, it is indeed relevant 👍

Touché; That part was not made clear at first(to me anyway). An ex-buddy of mine bought a hipoint 45 and brought to my place to test it. I didn't need to shoot it to know it couldn't hit water if you threw it out of a boat, but I saw it🤣

Edit: I didn't see his previous post till now. My pre-edit still stands

Last edited:

Recent Posts