Thoughts on savage axis vs browning abolt 3 270 win

Ok I prefer the cheap axis I do the trigger job and the bolt lift kit and a stock bending job that all cost about 50 bucks to do . So if you can get the ss model from Walmart for like 350. You are at 400. Plus mounts and a scope just my 2 cents have not shot the Browning or handle
What type of "stock bending job"? I hadn't heard of this before.

Oh and I forgot to mention that the magazine feeding is iffy even after trying to make adjustments. You need to pay really close attention to if a round feeds or not.

A minor caution for the Axis rifles with the 2 piece firing pin spring -- they are notorious for light strikes on hard primers. It won't mean anything for commercial hunting or target ammunition but if you venture into anything with harder military primers expect plentiful click/no-bang encounters. Shouldn't matter much in 270 but guys who pick up a 308 or 223 can find themselves terribly frustrated.
I have had an occasional FTF with hard primers on Frontier ammo with my Savage 110 .223. Lake City makes that ammo for Hornady and also military ammo, thus the occasional hard primer.

I was gifted a savage axis last year from a ranch I'd guided quite a bit on. They'd bought a half dozen of these things at some point in time for "ranch rifles". Thought about building something on the action (it's a factory 6.5 creedmoor) until I pulled the stock and saw the recoil lug wasn't part of the action! Very cheap feeling. Not to mention the factory 6 pound trigger pull. I did get it down to 3 or so pounds with some spring swapping and polishing but it's still not a satisfactory trigger. There's nothing to admire for looks either.

I haven't looked at many a bolt 3s, but if they're anything like the originals you'll be way ahead with one of them.