This ain't a Coyote!

wapitiaddict

Caught this on my trail cam in a place I occasionally elk hunt in Idaho. That ain't a coyote!

I've had a trail cameras up in this general area for years and this is the first time I've captured a wolf on one. There have been rumors of wolves in the area for some years now by ranchers. I've never seen or heard one while hunting. But now I have proof. And it ain't good!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200620-081224.png
    Screenshot_20200620-081224.png
    168.7 KB · Views: 2,316
Last edited:
Caught this on my trail cam in a place I occasionally elk hunt in Idaho. That ain't a coyote!

I've had a trail cameras up in this general area for years and this is the first time I've captured a wolf on one. There have been rumors of wolves in the area for some years now by ranchers. I've never seen or heard one while hunting. But now I have proof. And it ain't good!
Live in north central Idaho all my life. Haul logs and have seen way more than I want to. Seen from my home, 4 miles from town. Bad stuff, kill for fun, wildlife is in panic mode at all times.

yes wolf

That is wolf that our states think are necessary. They give away tags when you buy a deer or elk tag. Kill them when you can. Elk populations are have been impacted dramatically. I live in north east Washington where our governor doesn't want any of them killed to control the damage to cattle or wildlife. Kill if you legally can.

That is wolf that our states think are necessary. They give away tags when you buy a deer or elk tag. Kill them when you can. Elk populations are have been impacted dramatically. I live in north east Washington where our governor doesn't want any of them killed to control the damage to cattle or wildlife. Kill if you legally can.
Shuuuute. I'd kill and leave em' lay. Who's gonna know. NE corner of Iowa is getting infested with wolves as well. Places along the Mississippi river, the deer population is in the toilet. Who'da thunk that in Iowa, but they're here. I ever see a wolf or a lion outta my treestand, I'm pulling the trigger, and **** the torpedos.

We have pictures of what appears to be a Grey Wolf here in Missouri. Conservation says they are Coyote mix with German Shepard. Looks like the Wolf on picture you have but filled out more and all Grey or darker in color. Killing Chickens and duck neighbor raise.......can't catch him in the open.

Last edited:

Its just a big coyote

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.