Thermal clip ons

JimFromTN

I posted this in the optic forum and I don't think it will get much traction so I thought I would post it here instead.

I am a complete newbie in the thermal world. I have a Hogster-25 which I love but wish I had gotten a little bit higher low magnification. A base 2.5 magnification or maybe a 3x would be just about perfect. I was thinking of using my hogster as a handheld for scanning and getting something new for my rifle. My typical hog hunt starts a couple hours before dark and goes until about midnight or so. You can hunt with a thermal during the daytime but I would rather not so either I have to be willing to swap scopes in the field, take 2 rifles, or find a reasonably priced clip on. I really like the idea of a clip on in this situation. I found the AGM Rattler TC35-384 and the Burris BTC 35 that are within my budget of less than $3k but neither really have any actual reviews..

Does anyone have any knowledge or actual experience with either. AGM has been in the thermal business longer and has some fairly good reviews on some of their less expensive thermals and Burris seems to be totally new so AGM would seem like the way to go if its decent.

I posted this in the optic forum and I don't think it will get much traction so I thought I would post it here instead.

I am a complete newbie in the thermal world. I have a Hogster-25 which I love but wish I had gotten a little bit higher low magnification. A base 2.5 magnification or maybe a 3x would be just about perfect. I was thinking of using my hogster as a handheld for scanning and getting something new for my rifle. My typical hog hunt starts a couple hours before dark and goes until about midnight or so. You can hunt with a thermal during the daytime but I would rather not so either I have to be willing to swap scopes in the field, take 2 rifles, or find a reasonably priced clip on. I really like the idea of a clip on in this situation. I found the AGM Rattler TC35-384 and the Burris BTC 35 that are within my budget of less than $3k but neither really have any actual reviews..

Does anyone have any knowledge or actual experience with either. AGM has been in the thermal business longer and has some fairly good reviews on some of their less expensive thermals and Burris seems to be totally new so AGM would seem like the way to go if its decent.
I can tell you what BOris the owner of Bering Optics told me do not go with the Burris it is a hikmicro from China from 2017 so it's old resolution old pack fairly clear but not as clear as the Rattler would be I got a hogster - c and it is great behind a great piece of glass nx8 Nightforce. AGM bought the Rattler housing and processor from pick micro in China so it is at least a 2020 thermal trust me three years makes a huge difference in the Milikellvan processors they've been upgraded four times since then unless you can afford a 12 Micron face system ATM has the better one right now along with pulsar but they are not selling their clip-on to the United States

This is how small the hogster c is. I actually just ordered the Rattler for my wife the clip-on version it will be here next week

Attachments

• 20210822_192529.jpg
    20210822_192529.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 318