Due Thermal Hog Hunt

Zen Archery

This old sow took a beating.
Exciting night hunt with exploding hog parts.
SShmwsgl.jpg

[ame="https://youtu.be/GcCZ0Z61l2I"]https://youtu.be/GcCZ0Z61l2I[/ame]

Yes I look everyday for my dose of thermal hunting!!!! It is awesome.

It seems we don't have the infestation y'all do up there. I guess there is a separation around corpus. We have Nilgai and hogs don't seem to be as bad. Out toward Rio grande city I have heard there are lots of pigs.

I'm going to pay to go on that hunt soon just to see.
Keep them coming dude. This is awesome

Zen,

How does your buddy like his Christen Arms AR10 in .308? I have been thinking about buying the same one in a .260. How accurate MOA wise and how far has he stretched its legs? Don't see too many guys shooting these so reviews are hard to come by and I haven't pulled the trigger on one due to price tag but love the idea of having an AR10 platform at such a light weight. Does he have the 20 or 24" barrel?

Thanks in advance.

Zen,

How does your buddy like his Christen Arms AR10 in .308? I have been thinking about buying the same one in a .260. How accurate MOA wise and how far has he stretched its legs? Don't see too many guys shooting these so reviews are hard to come by and I haven't pulled the trigger on one due to price tag but love the idea of having an AR10 platform at such a light weight. Does he have the 20 or 24" barrel?

Thanks in advance.

I've spent a little time behind his .308. I actually load for him. But if you've ever held a standard LR308/AR10 you know the bulkiness and weight you feel. Well that doesn't exist like this gun. It one of the lightest/if not the lightest LR308/AR10 I've ever handled.

Accuracy? I can't attest to extended range but helping him sight in it maintains a 1MOA with factory loads. Half that with my handholds.

As a perfect hunting machine I'd take one in a heartbeat if I could afford it. But I can't so I just get to live vicariously through his Christensen Arms.

I'm not certain of barrel length it actually may be an 18" but maybe 20" I run a 20" and I believe is shorter than my 6.5 CM.

The only thing I would change on his would be the flash hider that came stock with the gun. But this is a small preference.

I've spent a little time behind his .308. I actually load for him. But if you've ever held a standard LR308/AR10 you know the bulkiness and weight you feel. Well that doesn't exist like this gun. It one of the lightest/if not the lightest LR308/AR10 I've ever handled.

Accuracy? I can't attest to extended range but helping him sight in it maintains a 1MOA with factory loads. Half that with my handholds.

As a perfect hunting machine I'd take one in a heartbeat if I could afford it. But I can't so I just get to live vicariously through his Christensen Arms.

The only thing I would change on his would be the flash hider that came stock with the gun. But this is a small preference.

Thanks for that info.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.