Texas Hog Hunt

Bobcat

One of my buddies put together a hunt for six of us up in Menard, Texas to thin out some hogs on a friends ranch. It is a family ranch, not a hunting ranch.
We managed to put some pork in the freezer.
Here is where I set up Saturday night.
10possehogbcrifletank.jpg

I took a nice sow just before sundown. I had six hogs come in, three the size of the one I shot and three smaller ones. About a half hour after sundown I heard a hog in the trees to my right. I got up and slipped closer so I could see inside the tree line. At this point I was very glad for the bright moon. I was able to get my Sightron SII 3-9x40 on his head and drop him by moonlight!! My trusty 7mm-08 with the 140 gr. TSX's did their usual good job. Both hogs dropped in their tracks. I made head shots on both of them.
10possehogbchogs2.jpg

10possehogbchogs.jpg

Think I'd keep my fingers away from that spider!
The spiders I remeber as a kid in Texas would come out mostly at night, and would run faster than they show 'em on tv. 'Cource, that was West Texas, around Levelland.

Nice pigs Bobcat, whats the season like down there for pigs?

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.